Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Yankees might not .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Yankees might not ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Yankees might not ..

Postby cristóbal » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:23 pm

win a WS in 5 years!? I AM... NICE PAYROLL AND WAY TO GO W/ RANDY... see you next year! watch the yankee fans roll on in on this post...

200 million + no WS = priceless
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Agony of defeat!

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:33 pm

Watching lefthanded hitting Garrett Anderson pummel a low fastball of off R Johnson (The Big UNICK) thrilled me last night!
Nothing excites more than the possibility of the Yankees getting ousted from the playoffs. If they dont make it to the World Series this year - what will they spend next year $500 Million $ 600 Million why not a Billion?

The more things change the more things stay the same: Darth Steinbrenner is the perfect example - Go and BUY me a Championship - NOW!
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:58 pm

The payroll may say $200 million, but that is not a $200 million dollar team. That's the problem with the Yankees. They give loads of money to people and expect them to perform. Just because you pay a guy $10 million dollars doesn't mean they are a $10 million dollar player.

If the Yankees knew how to evaluate players, they could be the most dominating team in the league and be paying much less than what they are paying for this roster. I can only dream about Steinbrenner cutting out the crap and getting a top of the line GM to make decisions. With the Yankees ability and eagerness to spend money, they could be champions every year. Instead, they make poor business decisions and squander away money.

Hopefully the front office smartens up this offseason and gives the reigns back to people who know what to do. Cashman is probably gone and I've actually read some articles about the possbility of Theo Epstein signing in New York. He's a great GM, but only if he gets power to do what he thinks is beneficial to the team. That's where all the power starts.

They aren't techically eliminated yet, but I don't believe they have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Angels two in a row, one of which will be in California. I hope they can prove me wrong though. :-°
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 55)

Postby seniorpaul » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:05 pm

I *almost* feel bad for the Yankees. They give Giambi a huge contract, he falls short of expectations due to the juice. They pay for Randy Johnson, he finnally starts to show his age. They stay loyal to aging players (Bernie Williams), and that bites them in the rear. They try to reload their starting rotation with younger players (Pavano, Wright, etc), and they get hurt and don't perform up to expectations when they do pitch.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Yankees might not ..

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:12 pm

cristóbal wrote:win a WS in 5 years!? I AM... NICE PAYROLL AND WAY TO GO W/ RANDY... see you next year! watch the yankee fans roll on in on this post...

200 million + no WS = priceless

Way to start up a thread for no reason other than to piss people off. :-t

Since nothing positive can come of this thread, I'm gonna lock it before it gets crazy. Should you wish to start a more meaningful thread up, feel free. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Baseball Leftovers