Next Years Top 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Next Years Top 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WittyC » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:56 pm

Soriano's my number three behind Pujols and A-Rod...

However, keeping with the theme, I'd still take Vlad over Ortiz. Simply, Ortiz had the best year of his career, so it's difficult to believe that he would improve on it. Vlad was down a bit in '05, and I would expect him to bounce back somewhat.

Although I don't think it's out of line to consider Vlad an injury risk at this point. Between this year's injury and his hammy, there is some concern to be had.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:33 pm

WittyC wrote:Soriano's my number three behind Pujols and A-Rod...

However, keeping with the theme, I'd still take Vlad over Ortiz. Simply, Ortiz had the best year of his career, so it's difficult to believe that he would improve on it. Vlad was down a bit in '05, and I would expect him to bounce back somewhat.

Although I don't think it's out of line to consider Vlad an injury risk at this point. Between this year's injury and his hammy, there is some concern to be had.

Ortiz has only had 2 full seasons... Its like saying David Wright will not improve on it because this was his best season...
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:10 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:

Ortiz has only had 2 full seasons... Its like saying David Wright will not improve on it because this was his best season...

It may only be two "full" seasons, but its nothing like David Wright. Ortiz will be 30 years old next season. He's a late bloomer I guess, but its hardly like he's a young improving 22 year old like David Wright.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:21 am

Fine Hideki Matsui hes in the league 3 years, Hes what 32? Im sure he can improve on those numbers...
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:35 am

This is interesting. Pujols and A-Rod are 1 and 2 in either order.

Ortiz, although I do like his numbers, 1B is soo incredibly deep that I'm not sure I would want to take him at #3. You can get similar production out of guys like Teixeira and Derek Lee who will probably go later.

For that reason I think Soriano has to be your number 3.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WittyC » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:06 am

blankman wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:

It may only be two "full" seasons, but its nothing like David Wright. Ortiz will be 30 years old next season. He's a late bloomer I guess, but its hardly like he's a young improving 22 year old like David Wright.

My point exactly... saying he's only played two full season is just pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. He's been in the league for 9 years now and has amassed 3108 AB's.

I agree that Ortiz in his prime, but I simply can't see him going much past his current stats. Meanwhile, a healthy Vlad could get to 40 HR/20 SB. Throw in the .320 BA and the fact that he has some decent OBP guys hitting in front of him (someone explain to me why didn't Kennedy hit in the 2-hole this season), and his ceiling makes him more valuable, IMO.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:26 am

A-Choke (his 3b elig makes him slightly more valuable than Pujols imo).
Pujols
Vladdy imo

Tex, MCab (3b/OF elig), Ortiz, Manny can be considered too. There is not a lot of difference between them really.
Soriano is good but I would not put him ahead of those 6, esp when you factor in his crummy 04 campaign.
Tejada had an off year in 05 otherwise he would be in the running.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:27 am

WittyC wrote:(someone explain to me why didn't Kennedy hit in the 2-hole this season)

Sorry, I can't.....and I have also been scratching my head over this. Maybe the same reason Dusty Baker had Neifi Perez in the 2 hole alot of the season. :-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers