$$ KING FELIX $$ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

$$ KING FELIX $$

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: $$ KING FELIX $$

Postby nuggets » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:02 pm

Yoda wrote:I'd say for a keeper I'd have him behind the usual suspects (Prior, Johan, Pedro), plus Peavy, Halladay , and Zamby, but in front of Willis, Kazmir, Myers, and Carp. Basically, just below top-tier for a keeper.



He was mentioned.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $$ KING FELIX $$

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:20 pm

nuggets wrote:
Yoda wrote:Unfortunately he was way too good this season and therefore be way overpriced for me in a keeper league. Smart thing would be to let someone else pay for him.


Yoda wrote:After what he did this year, he really has nowhere to go but down IMO.



I disagree. I don't believe Felix has shown us his best. He is as likely as any other young player to fulfill his potential. Depending on your strategy I rate him second only to Johan to fourth behind Johan, Pedro and Willis.

Don't forget about Buehrle, Harden, Beckett and Oswalt as keepers.


You can disagree. THere is no reason to pay for his potential when there are still so many question marks. If he gets better next year, I'll gladly pay for him the following year. I refuse to pay for a player solely based on potential.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: $$ KING FELIX $$

Postby nuggets » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:30 pm

Yoda wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Yoda wrote:Unfortunately he was way too good this season and therefore be way overpriced for me in a keeper league. Smart thing would be to let someone else pay for him.


Yoda wrote:After what he did this year, he really has nowhere to go but down IMO.



I disagree. I don't believe Felix has shown us his best. He is as likely as any other young player to fulfill his potential. Depending on your strategy I rate him second only to Johan to fourth behind Johan, Pedro and Willis.

Don't forget about Buehrle, Harden, Beckett and Oswalt as keepers.


You can disagree. THere is no reason to pay for his potential when there are still so many question marks. If he gets better next year, I'll gladly pay for him the following year. I refuse to pay for a player solely based on potential.


But you are drafting every player based on potential.

I believe GTWMA would say Felix is proven. Look at his minors numbers and what he has done in the pros.

I don't think you'd be making a huge mistake by taking some of the players you listed but I am confident a Felix bet would pay off a little more. Like it's going to matter anyway with all the potential at pitcher out there. I won't be taking him or any other than Santana until I'm happy with my hitting.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $$ KING FELIX $$

Postby cristóbal » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:37 pm

nuggets wrote:
Yoda wrote:
nuggets wrote:
Yoda wrote:Unfortunately he was way too good this season and therefore be way overpriced for me in a keeper league. Smart thing would be to let someone else pay for him.


Yoda wrote:After what he did this year, he really has nowhere to go but down IMO.



I disagree. I don't believe Felix has shown us his best. He is as likely as any other young player to fulfill his potential. Depending on your strategy I rate him second only to Johan to fourth behind Johan, Pedro and Willis.

Don't forget about Buehrle, Harden, Beckett and Oswalt as keepers.


You can disagree. THere is no reason to pay for his potential when there are still so many question marks. If he gets better next year, I'll gladly pay for him the following year. I refuse to pay for a player solely based on potential.


But you are drafting every player based on potential.

I believe GTWMA would say Felix is proven. Look at his minors numbers and what he has done in the pros.

I don't think you'd be making a huge mistake by taking some of the players you listed but I am confident a Felix bet would pay off a little more. Like it's going to matter anyway with all the potential at pitcher out there. I won't be taking him or any other than Santana until I'm happy with my hitting.



also, you are taking a risk drafting any pitcher really. that is why soooooo many people wait til the 3rd mostly. felix is just as skilled as the rest. my question was... in a KEEPER what pitcher go b4?

thanks guys for the input.
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 242
Joined: 7 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: $$ KING FELIX $$

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:48 pm

Yoda wrote:
WittyC wrote:
Yoda wrote:
cristóbal wrote:where does he go in a keeper draft next year???

for example, what pitchers does he follow?


Unfortunately he was way too good this season and therefore be way overpriced for me in a keeper league. Smart thing would be to let someone else pay for him.


He's suppose to be for real though. As far as I know, he's about as touted as Prior was, but wasn't in a media-loved market.

I'd say for a keeper I'd have him behind the usual suspects (Prior, Johan, Pedro), plus Peavy, Halladay, and Zamby, but in front of Willis, Kazmir, Myers, and Carp. Basically, just below top-tier for a keeper.


After what he did this year, he really has nowhere to go but down IMO.


A 19 yr old SP who threw 84 IP with a 4-4 record has nowhere to go but down? Give me a break :-b

He hasn't done anything yet - how can he go down?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact