Gagne a huge steal next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gagne a huge steal next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gagne a huge steal next year?

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I avoided this guy in this year's drafts because I was afraid of his spring arm/leg injuries and I knew it would take a high pick to land him. I guess I just didn't think the high pick could be risked on him this season. However...

I may be targetting him as a late round sleeper since going into this year he may be had much later where I like to make risky picks.

He seems healthy (Healthy enough to bitch out Dodgers management today for not spending enough money).

What round do you think he'll go in and where would you take him?

I think I might risk him around 14-15 off the top of my head. That's when I start going for sleepers with high risk generally.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gagne a huge steal next year?

Postby BritSox » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:01 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I avoided this guy in this year's drafts because I was afraid of his spring arm/leg injuries and I knew it would take a high pick to land him. I guess I just didn't think the high pick could be risked on him this season. However...

I may be targetting him as a late round sleeper since going into this year he may be had much later where I like to make risky picks.

He seems healthy (Healthy enough to bitch out Dodgers management today for not spending enough money).

What round do you think he'll go in and where would you take him?

I think I might risk him around 14-15 off the top of my head. That's when I start going for sleepers with high risk generally.

I'd take him there. I doubt he'll fall there though. There'll be some Dodger fan who's so confident of his recovery he'll take him first five rounds, I'm sure. Look what happened to Maggs.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:07 pm

Isn't he out until the All-Star break?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Isn't he out until the All-Star break?

I've been reading reports that he'll pitch at the WBC and will be ready by Spring Training after long tossing in the last few weeks. I originally thought the same thing you did about the AS break and this news is what got me thinking.

:-? Gagne? Sleeper.... :-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 pm

If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:18 pm

If news breaks that he'll be good for the opener then he can turn out ot be a 7-9th rounder IMO.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:25 pm

Why don't we just delete this thread to keep things quiet then...?

Forget I said anything...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:50 pm

Actually I disagree that Gagne will be a bargain. I will bet you anything that someone in your league will overpay for him.

Obviously it depends on his progress but I don't particularly feel like I need to gamble on Gagne on draft day to win but that's just me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Amazinz wrote:If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I completely agree.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby nuggets » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:05 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Amazinz wrote:If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I completely agree.

Eric Gagne, who underwent elbow surgery in June, hopes to begin playing catch in 10 days.
He's expected to be ready for spring training. - Rotoworld

At this point I don't think there's a chance to get Gagne in sleeper rounds. Right now I value him near T. Jones and Dempster.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers