Gagne a huge steal next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gagne a huge steal next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gagne a huge steal next year?

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I avoided this guy in this year's drafts because I was afraid of his spring arm/leg injuries and I knew it would take a high pick to land him. I guess I just didn't think the high pick could be risked on him this season. However...

I may be targetting him as a late round sleeper since going into this year he may be had much later where I like to make risky picks.

He seems healthy (Healthy enough to bitch out Dodgers management today for not spending enough money).

What round do you think he'll go in and where would you take him?

I think I might risk him around 14-15 off the top of my head. That's when I start going for sleepers with high risk generally.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Re: Gagne a huge steal next year?

Postby BritSox » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:01 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I avoided this guy in this year's drafts because I was afraid of his spring arm/leg injuries and I knew it would take a high pick to land him. I guess I just didn't think the high pick could be risked on him this season. However...

I may be targetting him as a late round sleeper since going into this year he may be had much later where I like to make risky picks.

He seems healthy (Healthy enough to bitch out Dodgers management today for not spending enough money).

What round do you think he'll go in and where would you take him?

I think I might risk him around 14-15 off the top of my head. That's when I start going for sleepers with high risk generally.


I'd take him there. I doubt he'll fall there though. There'll be some Dodger fan who's so confident of his recovery he'll take him first five rounds, I'm sure. Look what happened to Maggs.
Image
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5223
Joined: 5 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:07 pm

Isn't he out until the All-Star break?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21614
(Past Year: 380)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Isn't he out until the All-Star break?


I've been reading reports that he'll pitch at the WBC and will be ready by Spring Training after long tossing in the last few weeks. I originally thought the same thing you did about the AS break and this news is what got me thinking.

:-? Gagne? Sleeper.... :-D
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 pm

If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:18 pm

If news breaks that he'll be good for the opener then he can turn out ot be a 7-9th rounder IMO.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:25 pm

Why don't we just delete this thread to keep things quiet then...?

Forget I said anything...
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:50 pm

Actually I disagree that Gagne will be a bargain. I will bet you anything that someone in your league will overpay for him.

Obviously it depends on his progress but I don't particularly feel like I need to gamble on Gagne on draft day to win but that's just me.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Amazinz wrote:If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.


Took the words right out of my mouth. I completely agree.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:05 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Amazinz wrote:If he is pitching in ST then I am not sure he'll be a steal. Gagne won't fly under the radar and I think he will be drafted by someone under the assumption that he returns to form.


Took the words right out of my mouth. I completely agree.


Eric Gagne, who underwent elbow surgery in June, hopes to begin playing catch in 10 days.
He's expected to be ready for spring training. - Rotoworld


At this point I don't think there's a chance to get Gagne in sleeper rounds. Right now I value him near T. Jones and Dempster.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp, kab21, scarnicease, uphonnandam and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact