2ND HALF STUDS- guys to Trade for... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2ND HALF STUDS- guys to Trade for...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd half trade-fors

Postby joe61878 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:21 am

A lot of the guys mentioned in this string are guys I would pick up any time of the year (except for Cory Lidle, maybe). So I'm surprised that guys like Magglio, Zito, etc. are opening people's eyes a whole lot.

The one I would single out, though, is Jim Thome since I think he's about ready to break out. I also think Pat Burrell and Miguel Tejada have to be good targets because they have nowhere to go but up...unfortunately, I've tried to acquire them, and their owners seem to feel the same way.
joe61878

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dzcondor » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:17 am

I like all the guy mentioned except for Chipper. I am not sure he is gonna have his normal year with that elbow problem, which he says will plague him all year. He'll still be better than most though!

I think Damon will have a monster second half. In fact, he has already gotten hot a little early. I think everyone remembers the HUGE second half he had in his last year with the Royals.
dzcondor
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wind Dancer » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:30 am

B-) I'm sure that Berkman will be big...since I traded him in May when he was way down....

...some other names.....Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Sosa, B-)
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...
Anytime you have a 50-50 pick between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong!
Wind Dancer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

forget about burrell

Postby pdap100281 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:08 pm

Forget about Pat Burrell. Take a look at his swing before you consider his past stats. the guy sux and it's not a slump. I'll give him a chance next year after an offseason of intense hitting coaching and practice
pdap100281
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rowedawgg » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:58 pm

Jeff Kent, Wade Miller

Kent had 14 HR last August. Miller, we all know how he did....
rowedawgg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kcs261 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:07 pm

He's not a stud. But you could attain Ramon Ortiz for the middle of your rotation either on the WW, or for a box of cracker jacks through a trade. With the way he pitched in Seattle today, I think he'd be a nice 4th, 5th, or 6th guy in a mixed league. That doesn't make him great. But from here on out, I'll predict that he'll win 16 (8 wins now) and be solid down the stretch.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:11 pm

Yeah, you moron, Pat Burrell "sux." That's why he hit 37 HR last year and has been tearing the cover off the ball since being benched - 2 for 4, 2 for 5, and 1 for 3 with a double off Smoltz today.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:04 am

Two more second half studs this year:

In line with my other Ortiz prediction, Russ Ortiz has ALWAYS been a 2nd half pitcher. So he's likely to put it in another gear down the stretch.

Freddy Gracia looks like he'll be back to his old self in the 2nd half. So I'd try to get him, too.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseballboy » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:02 pm

David Ortiz - 15 DONGS, .298 after the break in 2002
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Previous