You'll never guess who wants to be traded again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You'll never guess who wants to be traded again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:05 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
dryice wrote:22 mil, manny untradeable except to mets. hard to see it. would sox take Beltran? would mets put up with manny at left field? fits in great at Fenway.

at least manny produces at mega bucks level and Sox might not want to take on Beltran..

no manny stands right now left with weak hitting team
3rd, 1st no hit, 2nd ss, rest outfield average at best.

course with 22 mil, could sign Kornerko and improve pitiching...
or play Ortiz at first and sign a mess of moderate grade hitters.

interesting off season.

Beltran? What?

The Red Sox aren't getting Beltran in return for Manny. Why would the Mets do that, plus eat Manny's contract? It's not like fantasy baseball, you'll likely only see a few prospects go to Boston, maybe with a player like Cameron or Heilman. Not Carlos Beltran.

Never say never ;-)

I've at least read about it myself, so it's not like this is just some made-up fascination of someone. I've actually seen it in print so others are mentioning it also.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen but don't be so quick to say it won't.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dryice » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:05 pm

dryice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:59 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Red Sox possibly without Damon and Manny :-b

I can't wait for this. Should go well with their stud pitching staff. :-b

Should be another fun year.

9 in a row?? ;-)
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:36 pm

nsulham wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
dryice wrote:22 mil, manny untradeable except to mets. hard to see it. would sox take Beltran? would mets put up with manny at left field? fits in great at Fenway.

at least manny produces at mega bucks level and Sox might not want to take on Beltran..

interesting off season.

Beltran? What?

The Red Sox aren't getting Beltran in return for Manny. Why would the Mets do that, plus eat Manny's contract? It's not like fantasy baseball, you'll likely only see a few prospects go to Boston, maybe with a player like Cameron or Heilman. Not Carlos Beltran.

Never say never ;-)

I've at least read about it myself, so it's not like this is just some made-up fascination of someone. I've actually seen it in print so others are mentioning it also.

The Sox will probably be getting a centerfielder but it won't be Beltran. Be nice to Cammy. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:
nsulham wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

interesting off season.

Beltran? What?

Never say never ;-)

The Sox will probably be getting a centerfielder but it won't be Beltran. Be nice to Cammy. :-D

LOL. So much for sabermetrics. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:30 pm

Lofunzo wrote:LOL. So much for sabermetrics. :-°

Nothing to do with sabermetrics. If the Mets were to trade for Manny either Floyd or Cammy is the odd man out.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:35 pm

Amazinz wrote:

Nothing to do with sabermetrics. If the Mets were to trade for Manny either Floyd or Cammy is the odd man out.

My point was that if the Sox were gonna trade Manny for a package including Cameron, their OBP would take a hit, not to mention the OPS.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:41 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

My point was that if the Sox were gonna trade Manny for a package including Cameron, their OBP would take a hit, not to mention the OPS.

Ahh, got it. But really if you trade Manny you're taking a hit in production regardless. !+)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:50 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

Ahh, got it. But really if you trade Manny you're taking a hit in production regardless. !+)

For the most part, I agree. Certainly for what they can expect to get in return.
Lofunzo

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:43 pm

I don't think that trading Manny would be bad if they could get Cammy, Heilman, and maybe a prospect or two. They would siginificantly improve both team speed and defense, things the Red Sox have very little of. Nixon could be moved to left, where he would actually be rather effective if he could learn to play the Monster. Heilman could be another arm for a pitching staff that needs it. What do the Mets have as far as prospects are concerned? I'm sure they must have SOMTHING worth getting
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers