You'll never guess who wants to be traded again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You'll never guess who wants to be traded again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:28 pm

He's certainly not going to Florida. I bet that they are going to end up trading Delgado this off-season. I also feel pretty confident that Manny will be playing in Shea for better or worse. This deal has almost happened two times now and this tells us two things: 1. Despite what some Sox fans say, Epstein is very interested in moving Manny. 2. Omar obviously has a man-crush on Manny. When you factor in that the Mets are one of only a handful of teams that could pull this off financially and when you factor in that Manny's no-trade kicks in this off-season and that Pedro plays in Shea... Well it seems pretty likely to me.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:28 pm

bceagles04 wrote:i see us resigning damon...but then, I think that if we let manny go, we will change how our team wins...we will have to be more of a pitching and defense team...if we could get a SP or 2 for manny, and sign another....that may work...we'll see though

That's totally true. It all depends what you can get for Manny and how that would reshape the team. They have a long way to go to transform the team to pitching and defense, and would still have a lot of offense with Damon and without Manny, but it all depends what comes back in the trade and who they can get in other moves (trades, FA, farm, otherwise).
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:16 pm

well

The sox have Craig Hanson who is a STUD reliever...he will be closer next year IMO...we have Hanley who played in AA this year...had 26 SB's, .275 avg, but only 6 HR's, which was lower than i thought...and Pedroia, who could be 2B next year...he hit 325 for AA in 04, and only 260 in AAA this year...and Youkilis can start next year if he needs to...and Shoppach will be Tek's replacement (if he ever needs one ;-D ) then we have Adam Stern in OF, and many pitching prospects (dinardo, alvarez, papalbon, delcarmen) we may struggle for a year or 2...but we are building for the future for sure.
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:42 pm

nsulham wrote:You guys are putting the cart waaaay in front of the horse. The playoffs aren't even finished yet and already you want him shipped out :-°

And anyone who thinks they'll let him go and will suddenly fall to Tampa-like levels without doing anything about it is either A)a pretty big wishful thinker or B)a Yankee fan.

I should also mention that A and B are basically one and the same ;-)

Not necessarily. When you subtract a .300, 40 HR, 100 RBI guy out of your lineup, you are going to be hurting unless you replace him. Last time I checked, no one like that is available especially even up for Manny and his contract.

You'd have to be A)completely blind or B)a Red Sox fan to not realize this.

I should also mention that A and B are basically one and the same ;-7
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cristóbal » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:46 pm

if manny goes how far does big papi fall on the board...

and who will they get to replace him???? prospects???? theo already blew it with a top ten pitcher of our time (pedro) sometimes you have to bite the bullet to win...
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:51 pm

Yoda wrote:
Not necessarily. When you subtract a .300, 40 HR, 100 RBI guy out of your lineup, you are going to be hurting unless you replace him. Last time I checked, no one like that is available especially even up for Manny and his contract.

On the other hand... the Red Sox blew out a lot of games this season. Scored way more runs than they needed to in a lot of cases. If they can trade Manny for some much needed pitching and a servicable replacement they may not be in bad shape at all.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby BritSox » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:59 pm

bceagles04 wrote:well

The sox have Craig Hanson who is a STUD reliever...he will be closer next year IMO...we have Hanley who played in AA this year...had 26 SB's, .275 avg, but only 6 HR's, which was lower than i thought...and Pedroia, who could be 2B next year...he hit 325 for AA in 04, and only 260 in AAA this year...and Youkilis can start next year if he needs to...and Shoppach will be Tek's replacement (if he ever needs one ;-D ) then we have Adam Stern in OF, and many pitching prospects (dinardo, alvarez, papalbon, delcarmen) we may struggle for a year or 2...but we are building for the future for sure.

You honestly think Stern can ever be a starter? And Tek is locked up longterm, so Shoppach is simply trade bait.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby giants8307 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:10 pm

After today's comments, I'll bet gagne would welcome him with open arms. Maybe billingsley/drew for manny? A big contract like drew's would have to be involved.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gogogadget » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:18 pm

kentx12 wrote:You would have thought that he would have waited till his team was out of the playoffs before he started this again.

well, they are
gogogadget
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:09 pm

gogogadget wrote:
kentx12 wrote:You would have thought that he would have waited till his team was out of the playoffs before he started this again.

well, they are

not yet...not sure who said it, but the person who said that we blew a lot out is right on the mark...we scored a bunch of uneeded runs and if we actually had good SP's we wouldnt need that...I think we will be ok...it is so hard to tell now though
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers