You'll never guess who wants to be traded again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You'll never guess who wants to be traded again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

You'll never guess who wants to be traded again...

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm

That's right...

According to FoxSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, Manny Ramirez is looking for a new agent in an effort to orchestrate a trade out of Boston.
Ramirez, currently represented by Greg Genske, may switch to Scott Boras or SFX. The Red Sox will be open to trading Ramirez and the $57 million left on his contract, but just how much of a desire they have to move him could depend on his behavior. Ramirez may try to force his way out. Oct. 6 - 6:22 pm et

:-°
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Shocking! ;-7
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby kentx12 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:56 pm

You would have thought that he would have waited till his team was out of the playoffs before he started this again.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:57 pm

kentx12 wrote:You would have thought that he would have waited till his team was out of the playoffs before he started this again.

Yeah but come on....

IT'S JUST MANNY BEIN' MANNY!!! ;-)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Manny is a tremendous hitter, and their is no doubt in my mind we would not have won the series without out him...i am not going to be a stupid red sox fan and say "YA, cya manny, we dint need you" because we do. He is the #1 of the last decade IMO, a pure, no holds barred MASHER. He is incredible, losing him would be a HGUE blow no doubt.

I think another reason we need to keep him os for Ortiz's sake...having Manny their keeps Ortiz happy and relaxed, and i am not sure how that move would affect Ortiz....

BUT

this is a BIG but, the Sox could do a LOT with that $20 million....I mean a lot! Our farm system is LOADED, Damon is an FA, not sure if we will resign, Mueller is FA, and getting some greys, he may be gone...and right now...this offseason is going to be very VERY interesting

I think we are 50/50 about trading Manny...we obviousely need a long term 1B replacement...a 3B, and some SP's. I am surpsrised the Sox have made it this far with so many holes....with that 20 mil. we could get a frontline starter ($9 mil) a good quality LF $9 mil., and have $2 mil left over for a RP. I think that moving manny would be about having flexibility...we have our 2B of the future Pedroia, we have Youkilis to play 3B, and we have Hanley who is a stud to play maybe CF...we have a fantastic young team. I dont think we will be a threat in 06, but in 07 watch out! Hanley, Pedroia, and Youki will have had a full year under their belts...and with Ortiz still around, i think we will have a killer team
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:09 pm

I would want out too if I were Manny. He'll end up in NY sooner rather than later.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bceagles04 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:09 pm

Yoda wrote:I would want out too if I were Manny. He'll end up in NY sooner rather than later.

why would you want out if you were manny?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j24jags » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:12 pm

bceagles04 wrote:
Yoda wrote:I would want out too if I were Manny. He'll end up in NY sooner rather than later.

why would you want out if you were manny?

because hes a GANGSTER! jk lol
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:33 pm

Manny is far from being a gangster. In an age where players are buying big houses and fancy cars Manny lives a very modest lifestyle. He gives alot of his money away to family and charities.I am not aRed Sox fan but being in New England its hard not to read and hear all the stuff about manny and the Sox. Looks like he will be moved this year. The Red Sox will be toast on Friday or Saturday at the latest and the $%## will hit the fan. I agree . Bad timing talking about wanting out during the playoffs. But there may be something going on on the inside that we don't know about. Maybe Theo being Theo.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)

Postby j24jags » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Surfs up wrote:Manny is far from being a gangster. In an age where players are buying big houses and fancy cars Manny lives a very modest lifestyle. He gives alot of his money away to family and charities.I am not aRed Sox fan but being in New England its hard not to read and hear all the stuff about manny and the Sox. Looks like he will be moved this year. The Red Sox will be toast on Friday or Saturday at the latest and the $%## will hit the fan. I agree . Bad timing talking about wanting out during the playoffs. But there may be something going on on the inside that we don't know about. Maybe Theo being Theo.

that was a joke, u didnt hear wat he said at a press conference this year? he called himself a gangster
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers