Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:06 pm

Lofunzo wrote:You are wrong. How is their season tainted?? Please show me proof that Giambi took steroids this season and I will gladly admit that this season is tainted. Palmeiro failed a test this season. Giambi did not.


Unless you assume that effects of steroids and HGH disappear rapidly upon discontinuing use, Giambi and all users continue to benefit from their past use.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You are wrong. How is their season tainted?? Please show me proof that Giambi took steroids this season and I will gladly admit that this season is tainted. Palmeiro failed a test this season. Giambi did not.


Unless you assume that effects of steroids and HGH disappear rapidly upon discontinuing use, Giambi and all users continue to benefit from their past use.


I don't think that it goes right away but did you see him when he reported to ST?? That and it has been some time since he supposably admitted to doing it.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You are wrong. How is their season tainted?? Please show me proof that Giambi took steroids this season and I will gladly admit that this season is tainted. Palmeiro failed a test this season. Giambi did not.


Unless you assume that effects of steroids and HGH disappear rapidly upon discontinuing use, Giambi and all users continue to benefit from their past use.


I don't think that it goes right away but did you see him when he reported to ST?? That and it has been some time since he supposably admitted to doing it.


So, you can tell whether or not players are benefitting from steroid and HGH use just by looking at them? You could save MLB a lot of money on testing.
:-b

According to the reports of what Giambi told the grand jury, he used for more than 3 years. Who knows how rapidly or slowly those benefits wear off? The only reliable way to know that his performance was not enhanced now and taints the Yankees outcomes would be for him to not play at all. That is a decision the Yankees could have made. They did not. They live with the consequences.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:43 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You are wrong. How is their season tainted?? Please show me proof that Giambi took steroids this season and I will gladly admit that this season is tainted. Palmeiro failed a test this season. Giambi did not.


Unless you assume that effects of steroids and HGH disappear rapidly upon discontinuing use, Giambi and all users continue to benefit from their past use.


I don't think that it goes right away but did you see him when he reported to ST?? That and it has been some time since he supposably admitted to doing it.


So, you can tell whether or not players are benefitting from steroid and HGH use just by looking at them? You could save MLB a lot of money on testing.
:-b

According to the reports of what Giambi told the grand jury, he used for more than 3 years. Who knows how rapidly or slowly those benefits wear off? The only reliable way to know that his performance was not enhanced now and taints the Yankees outcomes would be for him to not play at all. That is a decision the Yankees could have made. They did not. They live with the consequences.

For steroids to work effectively, they need to be used constantly, and in the process of working out on a daily basis.

I really don't understand how you can say that his playing "taints" the Yankee organization. For all we know there are tons of players from every organization in baseball who have used steroids before, are they "tainting" their organizations by playing? Are you that naive to think there isn't someone on the Orioles who has used steroids before? I mean these things weren't even agaisnt the rules until a couple of years back...

For some reason, nowadays there is this obsession over steroids and how bad they are for pro sports, though they have been used for decades (in all sports, and not just baseball) with fans either not caring or not bothering to notice. I just can't understand it. IMO, steroids are all hype derived by the media.

Giambi deserves this award because of what he came back from these past few years, I wish everyone would get off his back. You only need to look at the difference between 2004 and 2005 to understand why Giambi won this award.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:19 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:You are wrong. How is their season tainted?? Please show me proof that Giambi took steroids this season and I will gladly admit that this season is tainted. Palmeiro failed a test this season. Giambi did not.


Unless you assume that effects of steroids and HGH disappear rapidly upon discontinuing use, Giambi and all users continue to benefit from their past use.


I don't think that it goes right away but did you see him when he reported to ST?? That and it has been some time since he supposably admitted to doing it.


So, you can tell whether or not players are benefitting from steroid and HGH use just by looking at them? You could save MLB a lot of money on testing.
:-b

According to the reports of what Giambi told the grand jury, he used for more than 3 years. Who knows how rapidly or slowly those benefits wear off? The only reliable way to know that his performance was not enhanced now and taints the Yankees outcomes would be for him to not play at all. That is a decision the Yankees could have made. They did not. They live with the consequences.


You know what I mean. ;-7
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:12 pm

mweir145 wrote:
For steroids to work effectively, they need to be used constantly, and in the process of working out on a daily basis.

I really don't understand how you can say that his playing "taints" the Yankee organization. For all we know there are tons of players from every organization in baseball who have used steroids before, are they "tainting" their organizations by playing? Are you that naive to think there isn't someone on the Orioles who has used steroids before? I mean these things weren't even agaisnt the rules until a couple of years back...

For some reason, nowadays there is this obsession over steroids and how bad they are for pro sports, though they have been used for decades (in all sports, and not just baseball) with fans either not caring or not bothering to notice. I just can't understand it. IMO, steroids are all hype derived by the media.

Giambi deserves this award because of what he came back from these past few years, I wish everyone would get off his back. You only need to look at the difference between 2004 and 2005 to understand why Giambi won this award.


His playing taints the Yankees, the same way Bonds taints the Giants, and Palmeiro taints the Orioles. Whether or not the drugs were "against the rules", they provide and provided an advantage.

There are many others who "deserved" this award; Giambi's award rewards those who seek unfair advantages.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5516
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:14 pm

There are many others who "deserved" this award; Giambi's award rewards those who seek unfair advantages.


Now you're onto something. ;-D

Should you believe that Giambi used steroids in the past, that is your best argument, IMHO. In that case, you could make an argument that his physical ailments of last year were mainly attributed to steroid use. Since he was coming back from that, he shouldn't be able to have a comeback because it was self-inflicted. That is a much better argument. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan, Essayvap and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact