Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:30 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:Giambi: 32HR, .271, 87 RBI, 74R
Sexson: 39 HR, .263, 121 RBI, 99R


Giambi: 417 AB, 108 BB, 109 K, 440 OBP, .535 SLG, .975 OPS
Sexson: 558 AB, 89 BB, 167 K, .369 OBP, .541 SLG, .910 OPS

Giambi had a better year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Nuclear29 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:Giambi: 32HR, .271, 87 RBI, 74R
Sexson: 39 HR, .263, 121 RBI, 99R


Giambi played 138 games and 60 of those at DH.
Sexson played 157 games.

Sexson had a better season. He came back from a sports related injury. NOT a sports enhancement DRUG injury.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 451
Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ...in a Strange Land.

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:29 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:
Nuclear29 wrote:Giambi: 32HR, .271, 87 RBI, 74R
Sexson: 39 HR, .263, 121 RBI, 99R


Giambi played 138 games and 60 of those at DH.
Sexson played 157 games.

Sexson had a better season. He came back from a sports related injury. NOT a sports enhancement DRUG injury.


I guess some people refuse to acknowledge what Giambi was coming back from. They just put the blinders on and yell "ROIDS ROIDS ROIDS". Idiots...
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Nuclear29 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:39 pm

You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 451
Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ...in a Strange Land.

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:
Nuclear29 wrote:Giambi: 32HR, .271, 87 RBI, 74R
Sexson: 39 HR, .263, 121 RBI, 99R


Giambi played 138 games and 60 of those at DH.
Sexson played 157 games.

Sexson had a better season. He came back from a sports related injury. NOT a sports enhancement DRUG injury.


Don't be foolish. Under the circumstances, what Giambi had to endure in order to come back to accomplish what he did especially given how he started the first two months is far greater. It's not even close actually.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.


I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, scrutiny, pressure, depression, being told to go back to the minors, having to deal with his contract being threatened and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

Don't even call me a homer for it, because anyone on here knows I'm not and that I routinely blast my own players, and our coaches when necessary.
Last edited by AT on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:56 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Nuclear29 wrote:You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.


I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, slumps, depression, being told to go back to the minors and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

Don't even call me a homer for it, because anyone on here knows I'm not and that I routinely blast my own players, and our coaches when necessary.


You do have a mancrush on Giambi though... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Nuclear29 wrote:You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.


I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, slumps, depression, being told to go back to the minors and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

Don't even call me a homer for it, because anyone on here knows I'm not and that I routinely blast my own players, and our coaches when necessary.


You do have a mancrush on Giambi though... :-D


Ummm, well....Yes, Yes I do. O:-) :-B
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:11 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league.
Once again, when did this happen? Cause if calling a press conference to say you are sorry but you do not actually admit or say why you are sorry is "owning up to it", I'm very out of touch on what "owning up to it" means.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21510
(Past Year: 451)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby WharfRat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:12 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
WharfRat wrote:Kudos to the Giambino. Yeah, he's a cheat. But he's owned up to it and taken it like a man, and as far as we know he is a cheater no more.
When did that happen?

I didn't vote for Giambi but I don't have a problem with him winning. He did have an incredible comeback.


He apologized for it earlier in the year. He didn't explicitly say "I apologize for taking steroids," but did anyone think he was apologizing for anything else?

Yoda - no, he didn't test positive, but he did actually tell the grand jury he'd taken steroids, same as Bonds.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3056
Joined: 27 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Walking my fish

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: germani40, Johnesmype, OBPlover, skjelstrom and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact