Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:30 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:Giambi: 32HR, .271, 87 RBI, 74R
Sexson: 39 HR, .263, 121 RBI, 99R

Giambi: 417 AB, 108 BB, 109 K, 440 OBP, .535 SLG, .975 OPS
Sexson: 558 AB, 89 BB, 167 K, .369 OBP, .541 SLG, .910 OPS

Giambi had a better year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nuclear29 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:06 pm

Giambi played 138 games and 60 of those at DH.
Sexson played 157 games.

Sexson had a better season. He came back from a sports related injury. NOT a sports enhancement DRUG injury.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:29 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:

Sexson played 157 games.

Sexson had a better season. He came back from a sports related injury. NOT a sports enhancement DRUG injury.

I guess some people refuse to acknowledge what Giambi was coming back from. They just put the blinders on and yell "ROIDS ROIDS ROIDS". Idiots...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nuclear29 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:39 pm

You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:51 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:

Sexson played 157 games.

Don't be foolish. Under the circumstances, what Giambi had to endure in order to come back to accomplish what he did especially given how he started the first two months is far greater. It's not even close actually.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Nuclear29 wrote:You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.

I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, scrutiny, pressure, depression, being told to go back to the minors, having to deal with his contract being threatened and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

Don't even call me a homer for it, because anyone on here knows I'm not and that I routinely blast my own players, and our coaches when necessary.
Last edited by AT on Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:56 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Nuclear29 wrote:You don't think that Gaimbi's health problems were the result of Steroid use? Blinders? Look past the pinstripes. If he were still on Oakland I doubt you would be defending him.

I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, slumps, depression, being told to go back to the minors and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

Don't even call me a homer for it, because anyone on here knows I'm not and that I routinely blast my own players, and our coaches when necessary.

You do have a mancrush on Giambi though... :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AT » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 pm

Yoda wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:

I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league. He then worked through his LEGITIMATE INJURIES, slumps, slumps, depression, being told to go back to the minors and became close to the player he used to be. There's something to be said for that and to just wave a finger at him and say "Roids Roids Roids" is a cop out and shows you don't have much understanding of what the guy went through last year and the beginning of this year.

You do have a mancrush on Giambi though... :-D

Ummm, well....Yes, Yes I do. O:-) :-B
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:11 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I look past the pinstripes, in fact I routinely blast my players here but I'm defensive when it comes to Giambi because although he made a mistake, he owned up to it as much as he could have unlike the other lying juiceheads in the league.
Once again, when did this happen? Cause if calling a press conference to say you are sorry but you do not actually admit or say why you are sorry is "owning up to it", I'm very out of touch on what "owning up to it" means.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:12 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
WharfRat wrote:Kudos to the Giambino. Yeah, he's a cheat. But he's owned up to it and taken it like a man, and as far as we know he is a cheater no more.
When did that happen?

I didn't vote for Giambi but I don't have a problem with him winning. He did have an incredible comeback.

He apologized for it earlier in the year. He didn't explicitly say "I apologize for taking steroids," but did anyone think he was apologizing for anything else?

Yoda - no, he didn't test positive, but he did actually tell the grand jury he'd taken steroids, same as Bonds.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers