Tampa Bay fires their GM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tampa Bay fires their GM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tampa Bay fires their GM

Postby vapormike » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:41 pm

All I can say is..FINALLY! Chuck Lamar was widely regarded as the worst GM in baseball and I'm just surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Maybe now the D-Rays can work on enjoying the talent they've been hording.
vapormike
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tampa Bay fires their GM

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:43 pm

vapormike wrote:All I can say is..FINALLY! Chuck Lamar was widely regarded as the worst GM in baseball and I'm just surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Maybe now the D-Rays can work on enjoying the talent they've been hording.

OMG. This is something that should have happened like... 5 years ago. Great for TB maybe they'll actually hire someone who won't trade someone like Abreu for Stocker.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BritSox » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:48 pm

This could be huge for that franchise. Sternberg sounds like he's serious- sign a few decent pitchers and they could be well on thier way to WC competition (I don't see the Yanks and the Sox sucking in the same season for many years to come).
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:31 pm

the greatest news of my lifetime----or 2nd that is to the birth of my child..... wow what a week for the tampa bay franchise..... lou now lamar.... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D as happy as i am, i know that delmon and bj are even more excited......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:the greatest news of my lifetime----or 2nd that is to the birth of my child..... wow what a week for the tampa bay franchise..... lou now lamar.... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D as happy as i am, i know that delmon and bj are even more excited......

I agree, except for that part about a child. :-b

But yeah, I think I almost pissed myself when I heard the news. The free parking for next year is a nice touch too. ;-D
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby dannyolbb » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:59 pm

Finally.

I was hoping my Giants would get a Stocker for Abreu type gift, but am happy for you guys. Here's to you guys knocking the Yankees/Red Sox out of the playoffs in 2 years.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby warrick95 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:41 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:the greatest news of my lifetime----or 2nd that is to the birth of my child..... wow what a week for the tampa bay franchise..... lou now lamar.... ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D as happy as i am, i know that delmon and bj are even more excited......

Congrats on the birth, raiders.

But this really is freaking great! The LaMar thing is good, but Sternberg is GREAT. If he's willing to spend some cash, we could very well compete in the future. I actually don't mind Delmon and BJ spending more time in the minors, because quite frankly, I understand it from a business standpoint. I've also loved LaMar's method of drafting, as I really like the risk/reward approach he's taken. He'll be remembered by the Kazmir trade when he becomes an ace, though. ;-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm

Does this mean they'll finally let Delmon play? :-?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jzfran » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:13 pm

...and a bunch of other personnel i saw on the bottom line. They still will be the mediocrity of the AL East for years to come!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:48 pm

Congrats to you D-Ray fans! Finally things are looking promising, I'm happy for you all!! ;-D

Lamar just might have been the worst GM in baseball.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers