eftda wrote:I'm taking 18 units for college right now, and all are heavy reading. I can't drop a class becuase I need these units to transfer. Anyways I'm getting my 8 hours of sleep but I'm becoming too tired during the middle of the day to read my text books. Sometimes I take a nap in the middle of the day, which works but it take sup 1-1.5 hours of my day. Any suggestions? Pills or a new sleeping pattern? Im going to bed a 1am and waking up at 9:15. Im thinking about going to bed at 11:30 and waking up at 8:00. I had a 2.7 gpa for my last qt becuase I was too tired to read and do hw so this qt something has to change. Im not working out as much as I use too before school so that might be the probelm? All suggestions welcome.
1) Take no more than a 30 minute nap during the day- it's something about your circadian rythm. You just want to get your body to touch down into sleep and pull it back out. If you sleep too long you'll be much more tired afterwards and you'll have trouble sleeping at night. 1-1.5 hours is way too long.
2) Sacrifice some study time and make sure you exercise. You'll feel better, sleep better, learn better, look better.
3) Don't stress too much about your GPA. Unless you're going to a fancy grad school it's not as important as you think. Just get the credits and stay in the B/C range.
4) Coffee is your friend. Coffee is every college students friend.
5) Don't ever take 18 credits again. What are you, nuts??