I Can't Say This Publicly - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

I Can't Say This Publicly

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Can't Say This Publicly

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:06 pm

...because I know what the answer is going to be, but I noticed just now that ESPN Motion has only one clip from all of yesterday's games. It's the Yanks victory over the Angels.

Does anyone know if the Cards or White Sox's victories were even ever on there? I just find it really hard to believe that anyone would rather see Mussina's pitching clips instead of the Sox 5 HRs or Reggie's grannie.

I'm trying not to jump to a conclusion here. Maybe those clips were on there and they were replaced by the Yanks game simply because it was the last game of the day. However, being from a considerably smaller market that's often overlooked by the major media markets...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby denny_32 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:14 pm

What I'm wondering is if the Card's are going to have a prime time game in the NLDS. I don't know how my boss is going to take the fact that I'm leaving work early to watch the game on TV (I know about MLB.tv, and I'm a subsriber, but the company I work for has my computer locked down so much that I can't even stream video at the moment).

It does seem that they are going to try and get all the Yankees/Angels games on during prime time. To me, this is fair to the Cards or any other team in the playoffs. Each team earned a right to be in the playoffs, and they should each have their moment during prime time.
[size=9][b]Member #007 of the [url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116750&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0]Yadier Molina Fan Club.[/url][/b][/size]
denny_32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:50 am

And year number two of the Cardinals having no where near a prime-time slot. This is getting ridiculous, why not shuffle the teams around so everyone will have an equal share of prime-time games?

I mean sure the RedSox and Yankees will be the most watched teams when there games are aired 40 times a year in prime TV spots with tons of advertising...
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 pm

ratings = $$$
As long as Boston and New York are in the playoffs everyone else will play 2nd fiddle. Personally I'd much rather have a 3 p.m. start than the 10 p.m. start that they got a couple of years ago playing in Arizona.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 pm

Who really cares? I guess it makes me less of a fan, but I couldn't care less when they're playing. We know that they don't move the needle like NY or BOS so why should the they get a prime time slot if one of those other two are playing the same day? I agree that the lack of highlights is a little bit a slight, but I'd rather have their play on the field get the attention, not the artificial, media driven hype like there are for some teams.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to St. Louis Cardinals