What to do new for next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to do new for next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WittyC » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:13 am

I think it would rock to see a 30-team AL/NL h2h league.

What I mean is, have 15 teams AL-only, 15 NL-only. Have three divisions in each league, and have the same playoff setup as the majors with div. winners and a wildcard in each league.

I figure, with the cafe at our disposal, it wouldn't be too hard to find 30 devoted managers.

Anyways, I realize it isn't that much different from just doing a deep AL or NL league, but I think it would be wild. There are some problems (i.e. matchup scheduling), but those could be worked around, I'm sure.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:36 am

WittyC wrote:I think it would rock to see a 30-team AL/NL h2h league.

What I mean is, have 15 teams AL-only, 15 NL-only. Have three divisions in each league, and have the same playoff setup as the majors with div. winners and a wildcard in each league.

I figure, with the cafe at our disposal, it wouldn't be too hard to find 30 devoted managers.

Anyways, I realize it isn't that much different from just doing a deep AL or NL league, but I think it would be wild. There are some problems (i.e. matchup scheduling), but those could be worked around, I'm sure.

I have actually thought about setting up a league like this, and still might.
CBS would allow for the 6 divisions to be set up but we would be at the mercy of their scheduling.
I think the only way to do it though, is to make it a true dynasty league, where you keep everbody from year to year. Since it would have to be done on CBS, it would also have to be a fee based league, so finding 30 owners who are willing to pay year in and year out, even after their team is scewed up, would be kind of difficult.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

Postby BritSox » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:50 am

StlS, Can you let us in on this points system? Or is it like the recipe for coke?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers