Anyone interested in starting up a cafe dynasty league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Anyone interested in starting up a cafe dynasty league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone interested in starting up a cafe dynasty league?

Postby GameOn » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Anyone interested in starting up a dynasty league where we take over existing teams and take on their existing contracts and assign contract years? Players who are free agents this year could be free agents in the league and we could leave some of the awesome teams (i.e. Red Sox and Yankees) to be drafted along with some crappy teams that no one wants. I am already in 2 leagues like this and I am tired of playing public leagues so I wouldn't mind joining one more this season instead of playing public leagues. I would volunteer to be a comish but I don't have enough time at the moment, I could be a co-comish if someone wants to run it.

Just wondering if there is any interest on the cafe and maybe we could make up a league. Obviously we could make up our own rules on this thread and create a message board at some point.

Just post if this would interest you, if there is enough interest we could get something going.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LongBallMan23 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:44 pm

That sound interesting... I have been doing fantasy baseball for 5 years so im active and dedicated. I just need a bit more explaining. There are ways to contact me. I might be able to be commish.

Thanks
LongBallMan23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby oddmanout7 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:07 pm

This league sounds interesting to me. I am in another Cafe Keeper league, The Funky Fourteen, and have a number of years of fantasy baseball under my belt. I do not have the time to commish however. Contact me via PM if you are serious about starting this league.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:09 pm

Hey Game On,

I'm currently playing in one of your other leagues and I'd love to join up in this new one. I don't know about being a co-commish though. But I do have a strong interest in joining.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pwst » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:19 pm

Game On,

I'm in the other 2 leagues with you (Diamondbacks and Mets) and would also like to join another league. Especially if it is one similar to the last one with large major and minor league rosters and 20-24 teams. I don't have time this year to commish but am very interested in the league.
Pwst
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LongBallMan23 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:28 am

What about if everyone that posted should start it up?

Im might be able to be commish not sure yet
LongBallMan23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rob0417 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 pm

I am interested as well. I am in a couple of other leagues like that.
rob0417
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cubsvikes23 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:47 pm

I am interested in the league, I have never done a league before like this. I currently run 2 leagues so I wouldn't have time to commish, but am definetly interested in doing it.

Trevor
cubsvikes23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GameOn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:55 pm

Ok so right now there are about 8 of us. A couple people mentioned that they might be able to be a comish, so maybe we should just continue a discussion on here about what rules we would want and so on and maybe someone will emerge as a good leader and thus can be comish. I would love to do it, but inevitably I always get too busy doing something and there are several days or weeks at a time when I cannot be around, so I might not be the best choice for comish.

One thing I think would be interesting to do would be to pick a team and then just pick 8-10 players off the team. That way we all most of the players we want from the team, but it also gives you a chance to have more of a selection in the draft. So, it would give owners an incentive to pick a team that say had an awesome pitching staff but a lackluster offense, because they could then go draft players to fill the spots in their offense.

The roster size would depend mostly on the number of teams in the league, if we only have 12-14 owners then we might want a really big roster (i.e. 35-40) and if we have 20 or more owners we need a smaller roster.

It would be H2H for sure and I prefer playing on CBS, so if everyone could pitch in a little money we could play on there but if not we could always run it on Yahoo.

I think for now we should just have a discussion on what we want the league to look like and see how many more people would want to join. Then hopefully by the end of the World Series we could have some general rules and enough owners to form a message board.

One thing we might try is having like 5 co-comishes and one of them could be the supreme authority if need be. So we could have a co-comish that creates the rules and writes a constitution, we could have a co-comish who is responsible for checking team rosters, another co-comish could run the drafts, another one could be responsible for free agent bidding, etc. So possibly we could have a 5-man governing body instead of 1, or something like that.

Let me know what everyone thinks.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GameOn » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:58 pm

Also, before we pick teams we should probably decide which teams would be off limits. If we chose 8 players off every team we might not need to make any team off limits, especially since some of the yankee and red sox players are so expensive. So we would need to make that decision first and then we could pick teams and go from there on the rules.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Classifieds