MLB Chopping block - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Chopping block

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:47 pm

Sorry Will, I think Dusty is horrible....and any success the Cubs have will be as a result of the players, not his managerial brilliance.

John Hart huh....not sure what I think of that one. Maybe he was a solid starter or two away from keeping his job.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:08 pm

Ken Macha now gone...

BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:27 pm

wrveres wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:I know, because Dusty has really led us to the playoffs all those years, right? And that awesome record this year! I don't even know why he isn't perennial manager of the year! Probably racism...

interesting you bring that up, There sure has been alot written about that this year. I guess that is going to happen when the fans take the time to sit down and write race hate mail. :-)

Personally, I hope Dusty get the Cubs a pennant next season, and then walks away with his middle finger flipped up over his shoulder, ala SF. It would be sweet justice for the way the Cubs fans have treated him.

Yeah, all the Cubs fans here and everywhere wrote him hate mail. Don't put the actions of a couple random douchebags on all of us in order to make some sort of point. I hope Dusty gets us the pennant also, but I'm thinking next year is going to be more of a rebuilding year unless they make some major resignings
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:52 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:I know, because Dusty has really led us to the playoffs all those years, right? And that awesome record this year! I don't even know why he isn't perennial manager of the year! Probably racism...

interesting you bring that up, There sure has been alot written about that this year. I guess that is going to happen when the fans take the time to sit down and write race hate mail. :-)

Personally, I hope Dusty get the Cubs a pennant next season, and then walks away with his middle finger flipped up over his shoulder, ala SF. It would be sweet justice for the way the Cubs fans have treated him.

Yeah, all the Cubs fans here and everywhere wrote him hate mail. Don't put the actions of a couple random douchebags on all of us in order to make some sort of point. I hope Dusty gets us the pennant also, but I'm thinking next year is going to be more of a rebuilding year unless they make some major resignings

your right, that is an extreme example ... But I have pages upon pages of evidence here in the cafe alone, showing just how horrible you guys have treated him here in the cafe. I won't even get into how the Wrigley Faithful has teated him. You all were calling for his skull on a plate even before the season started. Never mind the fact that he actually one more games than the year before. Nevermind that he gave the same Wrigley faithful their first back to back winning seasons in 3 decades. None of that mattered. ..

oh and for the record .. he got more than a couple of them there "Hate" letters.

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:35 pm

wrveres wrote: Never mind the fact that he actually one more games than the year before. Nevermind that he gave the same Wrigley faithful their first back to back winning seasons in 3 decades. None of that mattered. ..

This is what I have the problem with. I think if you replace Baker with any other manager in the big leagues then you get the same result, if not better.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Ken Macha now gone...

Na-na...na-na.....
Na-na...na-na.....
hey-hey-hey....

you know the rest. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:56 pm

wrveres wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

your right, that is an extreme example ... But I have pages upon pages of evidence here in the cafe alone, showing just how horrible you guys have treated him here in the cafe. I won't even get into how the Wrigley Faithful has teated him. You all were calling for his skull on a plate even before the season started. Never mind the fact that he actually one more games than the year before. Nevermind that he gave the same Wrigley faithful their first back to back winning seasons in 3 decades. None of that mattered. ..

oh and for the record .. he got more than a couple of them there "Hate" letters.

Dusty is terrible. He does seem to get a lot out of his players but in the end, he doesn't know how to manage a baseball game.

A lot of managers would have won with the teams he's had IMO. Plus he is absolutely awful at handling young arms. :-t
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:22 pm

I concur that Dusty is terrible and needs to be relieved of his duties. Im pretty sure Lazy Eye Stuart Scott could have led the Cubs to bigger and better considering the talent that has been on the team. The biggest move the Cubs could make this offseason is letting Dusty go, followed up by signing Furcal to finally bring in not only a speedy lefty, but a lead off man the Cubs desperately need.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby RynMan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:41 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:The biggest move the Cubs could make this offseason is letting Dusty go, followed up by signing Furcal to finally bring in not only a speedy lefty, but a lead off man the Cubs desperately need.

Agreed completely. The Cubs need to be major players in pursuit of Furcal.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:11 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:I concur that Dusty is terrible and needs to be relieved of his duties. Im pretty sure Lazy Eye Stuart Scott could have led the Cubs to bigger and better considering the talent that has been on the team. The biggest move the Cubs could make this offseason is letting Dusty go, followed up by signing Furcal to finally bring in not only a speedy lefty, but a lead off man the Cubs desperately need.

I agree. With a good leadoff guy, just think what Lee's RBI totals whould have been. 8-o
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers