So how do we feel about this season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

So how do we feel about this season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So how do we feel about this season?

Postby chris8 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:16 pm

Disappointing as it is not to make the post-season, how do fellow Mets fans view this season as a whole?

For me, there are real signs of encouragement.

A solid above-500 finish.
Excellent seasons from Reyes & Wright, to name two.
A starting rotation that can at least challenge with the rest of the division.

The bullpen is obviously where we need help, and I think our top priority has to be to get a proven closer who we can give a lead to in the 9th and be confident that he will get the job done, unlike with Looper this year.

Who would you like to see signed in the off-season?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:10 pm

Considering Looper pitched injured for much of 2005, I'm not that down on him. I'd like to replace him, though, but wouldn't mind him at setup.

I think we need another big bat in the lineup, and another proven top of the rotation SP. The additions of Pedro and Beltran were enough for us to finish over .500, but if we could get another bat (Manny, Soriano, etc.) and have Beltran actually hit we'll be set. Add a pitcher to compiment Pedro, and I'd see 90 plus wins, and a postseason berth.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby j24jags » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:11 am

i view the year as a success. reyes healthy + pedro putting up Cy Young #s + wright having a good season=very solid season
they missed the WC by 5 games and looper/roberto blew about 10-15 games b/w them. thats y we missed the playoffs. bottom line, u have to be able to close out games or have the bullpen to hold opposing teams late in close games and the Mets couldnt this season.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:24 pm

All in all I think this year was a step forward but it still burns me because I feel like the team underachieved. So I see good and bad in it but am already looking forward to the FA signing period. :-B
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to New York Mets