Playoff Predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Playoff Predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:44 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
WORLD SERIES
New York Yankees over Houston Astros; 7 games- In a 7 game thriller that pits aces Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte against their former team, the New York Yankees, the Yankees will overcome and win for the 27th time in franchise history. The incredible Houston pitching will push this series to the brink of the 7th game, but 3 incredible pitching performances from Randy Johnson, coupled with the gritty Yankee lineup, will be enough to overcome the 'Stros.

;-D

Who would have thought that. ;-7


I thought he was going to pick Boston to win it for sure!
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1417
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:47 pm

Boston in 4
NY in 5

Houston in 4
St Louis in 4

NY in 6
Houston in 7

NY/Houston go to Game 7 and I'll leave the result TBD.

I want it for NY of course though ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:47 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
WORLD SERIES
New York Yankees over Houston Astros; 7 games- In a 7 game thriller that pits aces Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte against their former team, the New York Yankees, the Yankees will overcome and win for the 27th time in franchise history. The incredible Houston pitching will push this series to the brink of the 7th game, but 3 incredible pitching performances from Randy Johnson, coupled with the gritty Yankee lineup, will be enough to overcome the 'Stros.

;-D

Who would have thought that. ;-7


And you aren't going to say Boston ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:54 pm

blankman wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
WORLD SERIES
New York Yankees over Houston Astros; 7 games- In a 7 game thriller that pits aces Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte against their former team, the New York Yankees, the Yankees will overcome and win for the 27th time in franchise history. The incredible Houston pitching will push this series to the brink of the 7th game, but 3 incredible pitching performances from Randy Johnson, coupled with the gritty Yankee lineup, will be enough to overcome the 'Stros.

;-D

Who would have thought that. ;-7


And you aren't going to say Boston ;-7

Y of Course.

And Bro, It is bet time between me and you. Lemme know if you're game ;-)
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby djack909 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:01 am

Sox repeat and beat the Cards in 4. Just like last year. Manny and Papi are post-season co-MVPs with 20 HR.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 712
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:05 am

I'm not going to make all the predictions. I'll just say that Pujols, Reggie, and Larry are all hot, hot, hot hitting the playoffs. The part that scares me the most right now is Matt Morris. He's going to pitch third, and he shouldn't. Suppan should pitch 3rd.

I think the Cards and Astros play to go the Series.

Also, I think the Yanks and Red Sox have way too many holes in their teams for both of them to win their series. One of them will go down, and without a prolonged offensive burst, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them miss out on the Series.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:11 am

Here are my predicitons....

ALDS

Red Sox over White Sox in 4

Yankees over Angels in 4

ALCS

Red Sox over Yanks in 7

This series might even be better than the one we had last year. I think which ever duo between Sheff/A-Rod and Manny/Ortiz plays the best wins this one. I have to say that I think the latter will perform just a tad better. With the final game being in NY I think Mo comes out to close the game in the 9th with the Yanks up 5-4 with Renteria, Ortiz and Manny due up. Mo retires Renteria and then Walks Ortiz. Then Manny comes up with the game winning hr over big Mo.

NLDS

Cards over Padres in 5

Stros over Braves in 3

NLCS

Stros over Cards in 6

Well, I just don't think any team in the NL has big enough bats to match up with the aces on the astros. Pretty good series but The Rocket, Oswalt and Pettite 3-some is just too good while the Cards are not at full strength with Rolen being gone the whole season.

WS

Red Sox over Astros

I'm not even real confident that the Red Sox can handle Clemens, Oswalt & Pettite. (But, I won't go against my Red Sox) The Astros are looking really good right now. If they can average about 5 runs in the Postseason they will be very hard to beat, imo. If for some chance they don't make it out of the NL I don't any team can hang with the Sox or Yankees. I don't even think that a team other than the astros could hang with the Angles.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby JTWood » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:14 am

kingctb27 wrote:Well, I just don't think any team in the NL has big enough bats to match up with the aces on the astros. Pretty good series but The Rocket, Oswalt and Pettite 3-some is just too good while the Cards are not at full strength with Rolen being gone the whole season.

Yet somehow we're 11-5 against them over the season.

:-?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Please ANGELS win!

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:16 am

If there is a god, The Angels will pummel the Yanks. I am so sick and tired of the store bought pennants the Yankees continue to purchase! Angels in 4 PLEASE!

Boston will beat the Chisox 4 games
Cards will beat the Padres 3 games
Braves will beat Houston 5 games

Boston will beat the Angels 6 games
Cards will beat the Braves 6 games

Cards will beat Boston 7 games
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 610
Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:59 am

kingctb27 wrote:
blankman wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
WORLD SERIES
New York Yankees over Houston Astros; 7 games- In a 7 game thriller that pits aces Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte against their former team, the New York Yankees, the Yankees will overcome and win for the 27th time in franchise history. The incredible Houston pitching will push this series to the brink of the 7th game, but 3 incredible pitching performances from Randy Johnson, coupled with the gritty Yankee lineup, will be enough to overcome the 'Stros.

;-D

Who would have thought that. ;-7


And you aren't going to say Boston ;-7

Y of Course.

And Bro, It is bet time between me and you. Lemme know if you're game ;-)


Alright }:-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact