1B situation for 2006? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Arizona Diamondbacks

1B situation for 2006?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1B situation for 2006?

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:35 pm

Anyone here know what's the deal at 1B for 2006? They signed Tony Clark to another 2 years and have been giving him lots of playing time at 1B these days, instead of Conor Jackson. I imagine they originally only wanted Clark to stick around for insurance/backup/PH/interleague-DH work, but seems like they might have a change of heart about sticking w/ Jackson at 1B.

I just joined a new dynasty league, taking over the DBacks franchise, and need to figure out whether I should hold onto Clark as one of 8 DBacks keepers (since he's so inexpensive) or just let him go. If I keep him, I'd have to let go either Green or Glaus -- probably Glaus since we don't have a real 3B position and offensive Ks hurt.

Thanks for any insights on this.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:43 pm

I gotta imagine they'll keep playing Clark at first next season. He was swinging the hottest bat on the team! Hopefully they'll be plugging in Tracy and Conor Jackson elsewhere.

I would let go of Glaus and keep Clark, taking their respective prices into consideration.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:43 pm

Thanks for the reply though it's too late (by a couple weeks) now. :D

Anyway, I managed to find a taker for Glaus and got Andy Marte *plus* an early 4th round draft pick for a late 4th rounder in next year's prospect draft, which won't be too great beyond the first round since guys like Stephen Drew won't be there -- I have Drew as a keeper. So I gave up on Clark as he's really just a platoon/backup guy who had a hot 2005 (when played) for them. Gotta be more optimistic about Tracy and Jackson's situation if I'm gonna build a good dynasty there -- Tracy looked pretty good to end the year, so he's gotta stick somewhere.

Also, managed to land JD Drew w/ a package of draft picks that included that 4th rounder -- a mid-3rd, that early 4th plus a couple late picks in this 26-team league. And depending on how the winds change in this thing, I might be able to do more by moving Marte to help fill some holes.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Arizona Diamondbacks