Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tonight

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 am

Will most likely be the last regular season game I see at Busch Stadium. :,-(

Oswalt vs. Morris ;-D ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 352)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 am

Oh man... I was there, too. I wish I would have known. My parents bailed after the 5th inning. You could have come down to our seats behind 3rd base.

Were you in the left-field bleachers for Lane's HR? For the life of me, I don't understand why these people throw those balls back. How many times do you get to catch a HR ball in your life???

Anyways, I don't mind the 'Stros winning. I want the NL West champ in the first round. I was hoping that Marquis would have been better out of the pen, though.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:57 am

I wish I would have known too. I wasn't in the bleachers last night. I had field box tickets on the 3rd base side. People throwing the ball back is stupid. If you don't want it give it to a kid. That's what the ushers did when the ball came back into play anyway. Besides where do these people think we are? Chicago?

I do mind Houston winning. I'm 0-5 on the year. With the Cards home record I have about a 1% chance of going to five games and not seeing a winner. If you are keeping score at home that is 1/8 of the home losses. Besides I have a bet with a guy a work that the Cards would win the division by more games than last year and if they lose to Houston again tonight it is over.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:15 am

btw: It was uber-weird walking up Spruce St. and seeing the facade of the new stadium.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:27 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:btw: It was uber-weird walking up Spruce St. and seeing the facade of the new stadium.

I had that feeling the other day, too. I had to go over to Illinois last weekend, and I took 40 back home. I hadn't really seen the new stadium from that angle, and it freaked me out because - from the south - it looks completed.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:58 am

Now I'm going to rant about something dumber than throwing the ball back. I'll make this very clear:
If you only want beer go to a beer stand or flag down a vendor (they are the people in yellow shirts walking around). Nothing gets me more upset than standing in line at the doghaus cause some idiot is getting half a dozen beers and only beers. It doesn't help that the International Rotary was running the stand last night but give the old people a break. :-°
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:06 pm

btw - I finally broke my streak Saturday with a win. ;-D ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:11 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:btw - I finally broke my streak Saturday with a win. ;-D ;-D

w007!

:-b ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals