Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:20 pm

nikku88 wrote:
blankman wrote:Notice I never talked about Jordan etc back in Japan, but right now Hideki Matsui is more heavily followed than Ichiro is and that's all I've said, because right now is all that matters.


You are wrong though.
As I said before, they are very close, but outside of Tokyo I think Ichiro would be more popular.


Need I say more?

You're going to flat out call me wrong because you think I am? Well done there.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 pm

blankman wrote:
nikku88 wrote:
blankman wrote:Notice I never talked about Jordan etc back in Japan, but right now Hideki Matsui is more heavily followed than Ichiro is and that's all I've said, because right now is all that matters.


You are wrong though.
As I said before, they are very close, but outside of Tokyo I think Ichiro would be more popular.


Need I say more?

You're going to flat out call me wrong because you think I am? Well done there.


actually, you kinda do.

he thinks you're wrong and has recently lived in japan. you think you're right and have spent your whole life in long island. given that the question is, "what do the japanese think of ichiro vs. matsui" ... i believe he can speak with some authority. so far, the only authority i can gather you're speaking from is the YES network.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:37 pm

this cracks me up ..

everybody knows the awnser, but he has his head so far up the Yankees butt he refuses to see it ..


as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..


vroom vroom ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:45 pm

wrveres wrote:as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..

vroom vroom ..

Hideo Nomo? :-?
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby wrveres » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..

vroom vroom ..

Hideo Nomo? :-?


Image
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:11 pm

I'd be more ecstatic if the Yankees missed the playoffs... B-)
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3328
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..

vroom vroom ..

Hideo Nomo? :-?


It was Kaz, come on, I would of thought you'd know that being a Mets fan and all..... :-D
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:24 pm

wrveres wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..

vroom vroom ..

Hideo Nomo? :-?


Image


It was Jason Bay...they love Canadians over there. ;-D
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
wrveres wrote:as you know I have the H2HWS and we have Japanese league ..

any guess as to who the first overall pick was in the draft ?

I'll give you a hint ..

vroom vroom ..

Hideo Nomo? :-?


It was Kaz, come on, I would of thought you'd know that being a Mets fan and all..... :-D


:-D ... 2B/SS eligibility!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby nikku88 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 pm

blankman wrote:Need I say more?

You're going to flat out call me wrong because you think I am? Well done there.


Not at all. I'm just not arrogant enough to assume to speak for all of Japan. I gave my opinion based on my experiences which don't come just from the fantasies in my head. :-D
Image
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1438
Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact