Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not ..

Postby wrveres » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:40 pm

Make the playoffs. ;-D ;-D ;-D

They are a game behind the Yankees and a 1 1/2 behind the Indians, but I know you all know that since ESPN has the sad need to remind us every 20 minutes. But that is not the point. I mean the Yankees have no pitching. None, except Rivera. They have picked up every possible scrub in the world, in hopes that they could toss the ball in the general semblance of the plate, speed unimportant. And yet the sorry ass Sox have done nothing. If there was ever a year that the division was gift-wrapped for them, this was the one.
* Defending world Champs.
* The second best team Money could BUY.
* Yanks in disarray.
Hell the Yankees cannot beat the Devil Rays, but yet the Sox with an MVP in tow, are a game and half out.

I for one am ecstatic.. ;-D

Now, I don't follow the North Eastern papers enough to know how the sheep are going to come in here and spin this, I am just a guy on the opposite coast, but I am sure that there will be some far fetched spinning coming this way. But I just want to remind them before they do ..

.. SCOREBOARD ..

They are on the outside looking in with 10 days to go.

And for that .. I am ecstatic ..

Also, please do not go thinking I am now some closet Yankees fan, anybody who knows me, knows that aint true. But if you put a gun to my head an made me choose between the two, I'd take a two inch hole in my skull before I uttered the word ... Red Sox

Feel free to avoid the subject and attack my Padres.
;-7
Last edited by wrveres on Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:52 pm

I expect this thread to be 8 pages long in the next 2 hours. But no, I'm not ecstatic that the Red Sox will make the playoffs, cuz it means the Yankees will. In a perfect world the D-Rays would win the east with the Royals winning the wild card.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:04 pm

I will be neither ecstatic nor surprised. Since Spring Training I was pretty sure the Sox were not strong enough to make the playoffs with the rotation they had and even moreso with the bullpen. I just didn't expect the Yankees to be a 95 win team and allow the Sox to hang around as long as they have.

If the Sox do find themselves in the playoffs then they get a big congrats from me for going well above my expectations. Either way it should be an interesting last week with at least 2 good division races and a tight Wild Card race.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby silverZ » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:12 pm

I love watching the sox and yanks play each other in the post season. So no i'm not happy.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:53 pm

I like it. I hate the Sox and they are weak this year. It will be funny to watch them not even make the playoffs after their lucky playoff run. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:56 pm

OH MY GOD ONE GAME. After last yrs playoffs, anything is possible. Sox fans should not be panicking.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby blankman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:00 pm

I'm happy of course. I'm very, very confident they'll miss the playoffs simply because they can't pitch for the life of them.

To be fair wr, the Yanks do have plenty of more pitching than Rivera that have been performing lately (starters only). They can be down right dominant at times, but the problem is inconsistancy.

It may only be a game now, but the way Cleveland and NY are playing and the way Boston is playing now, I don't see them squeezing either team out.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: Is anybody else ecstatic, that the Red Sox might not ..

Postby BOOF » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:27 pm

wrveres wrote:
Also, please do not go thinking I am now some closet Yankees fan, anybody who knows me, knows that aint true. But if you put a gun to my head an made me choose between the two, I'd take a two inch hole in my skull before I uttered the word ... Red Sox

well then you have a fallacy in your post. You prefer the Sox to the Yanks and yet are happy they are behind? Somebody's looking for attention. B-)

And stop asking for forgiveness for your rants (may have been in another post). It's what you do. ;-D
http://boof.com
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bleach168 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:31 pm

To be fair, if it wasn't for the surprising complete collapse of Keith Foulke, Boston probably has the best record in the AL.

And I'm with RynMan. I would be ecstatic, except the Yankees are going in their place. I still view the Red Sox as the lesser of two evils, so I'm actually a little dissapointed.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby blankman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:41 pm

bleach168 wrote:To be fair, if it wasn't for the surprising complete collapse of Keith Foulke, Boston probably has the best record in the AL.

And I'm with RynMan. I would be ecstatic, except the Yankees are going in their place. I still view the Red Sox as the lesser of two evils, so I'm actually a little dissapointed.

Well then, "to be fair," IF the Yanks had healthy pitchers and weren't forced to start Proctor, May, Redding, Leiter, Sturtze, Henn and one or two others, they'd be doing much better too. If's are just silly if you're only going to use it one way.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers