Howard
36%
Taveras
30%
Duke
9%

Total votes : 33

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:38 pm

taveras hasn't been spectatcular... he's sporting an OPS of .672 and an OBP of .328. i mean, he's really been mediocre, and i'd much rather give the ROY to someone who has been outstanding for even a short duration like howard or francour than someone who has shown consistant mediocrity the whole year. 34 SB justify that, even if he has been a very nice pickup for fantasy.

yeah... i think taveras would be my 4th choice out of these four guys rather than the first.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BOOF » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:43 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I voted for Duke. If people can vote for Howard or Francoeur when they only played in 62 and 79 games. A great SP with only 12 starts should be able to win it.

He does have the highest VORP of any rookie. Next is Howard, at this point anyway. I see Howard dropping off a bit by the end.
http://boof.com
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:49 pm

Tavmanian devil
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:25 am

I wouldn't give it to Taveras. His RC/27 is below league average.

While Atkins and Taveras do lead in NL rookie runs created, Howard isn't far behind, in much less time.

Francouer leads in NL rookie wn shares, but again, Howard is very close in limited time.

I would vote for Howard, wouldn't argue Francouer, but Taveras, no way.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby bigken117 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:52 am

I think Howard is running away with it at this point.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:03 am

howard is making a case for it with his play the last few weeks... even though he will not have 100 games played, i am starting to think that he should be the winner of the award even though if franceour won, i would have no problem with that, as he made a huge impact on the braves team this summer....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:19 am

As much as a Francoeur fan as I am, I have to lean towards Howard as Francoeur has cooled off a bit. Regardless of playing time, 20+ HR's and a .350+ OBP is pretty remarkable. Plus he's been a huge part in the Phillies surge towards the playoffs. Atkins is too much of a product of Coors Field to even deserve consideration for me. A sub-.300 OBP and a BA in the .220's away from Coors should disqualify him.

Dukes has been good too, but I just couldn't give it to a guy who's only appeared in 12 games, even if that is the nature of being a SP.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:36 am

I think Howard should win it as well, Franceour hasn't been playing too well this whole month and if he is going to be nominated for ROY by only playing 2 months, I would think he should be producing big numbers most of the time, he hasn't done that for a while now.

Howard has been putting up good numbers consistently for almost 3 months now. If he played a full season he could of had over 100 RBI's and 40 HR's, although that could totally change because its harder to keep up a consistent pace the whole season, but still Howard has stood out way more than the other rookies IMO. Plus helping his team possibly winning the Wild Card would be a big boost for him in the ROY running as well.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:28 pm

Also, Howard seems to be more of an impact player and the difference maker during the playoff run. He replaced some big shoes (Thome) and certainly lived upto the hype.

Francoer started off hot but has cooled off considerably as some of us have predicted.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nikku88 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:06 am

Voters always like guys finishing strong, so I would think Howard should win it providing he keeps his play up.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers