LOST! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

LOST!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LOST!

Postby KPucks » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Holy crap!!! I know we had a thread for this last year, but I figured a new season deserves a new thread, especially considering how freaky/wierd/awesome/confusing first episode was. Anyone else see it? They said the fate of the people would be determined next week, and I can't wait to see how that guy at the end got there.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby da1chipo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:03 pm

That was really strange episode. The beginning had me thinking "what the hell is this?" and I didn't really like it at first, but it turned out pretty cool.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby bigken117 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:07 pm

SPOILER ALERT! If you Tivo'd it and haven't seen it yet, go f*n watch it!!!.
:-X

I was just about to start a Lost thread.

I knew the guy in the stadium was going to be the guy that lived in the hatch. I think it was kind of obvious. That said, I still love it. And it still doesn't make me any less confused as to what is going to happen, how he lives there, and where he gets his steriods and fresh fruit from.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:04 am

bigken117 wrote:SPOILER ALERT! If you Tivo'd it and haven't seen it yet, go f*n watch it!!!.

I knew the guy in the stadium was going to be the guy that lived in the hatch. I think it was kind of obvious. That said, I still love it. And it still doesn't make me any less confused as to what is going to happen, how he lives there, and where he gets his steriods and fresh fruit from.

Do you think that he may be the french ladies son?
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Phatferd » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:08 am

On a side note came across this. Listen to what Walt told Kate. It was recorded and if you listen to it backwards it says, "Press the button" which is what Locke told Jack not to do in the cave.

http://www.foxmod.com/lost/lost.html
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby daullaz » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:51 am

Phatferd wrote:
bigken117 wrote:SPOILER ALERT! If you Tivo'd it and haven't seen it yet, go f*n watch it!!!.

Looked like he was the guy Jack ran into jogging at the stadium, and I think by that point the french lady was already on the island. Unless you propose him leaving the island and coming back, but I don't think the others need to leave the island for anything.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:55 am

daullaz wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Looked like he was the guy Jack ran into jogging at the stadium, and I think by that point the french lady was already on the island. Unless you propose him leaving the island and coming back, but I don't think the others need to leave the island for anything.

I know he is the guy from the stadium. I was just wondering if he also might be the ladies son. I do think it's possible that he left the island. I also don't think he is an "other." I think he is independent from the "others."

The guy who died in the ER was related to Shannon in some way. He had the same last name as her. I don't know if it could be her dad or her husband (she was married briefly).

One thing that I can't figure out is Desmond told Jack at the stadium that he was, "training for a race around the world." That has to be symbolic for something, but I can't figure it out.

BTW, this may have been one of the best episodes I have ever watched on my television. I can't get enough of this show. I have class on Wed nights that gets out at 9, so I will miss the first half. God bless bitorrent.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:01 am

Great episode. I was so wrapped up that I didn't even realize they hadn't shown anything from the raft until next week's preview came on.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:14 am

I missed most of last season, so I watched last night's season one wrapup and I feel as though I watched the whole thing. The new episode was awesome. I am split on if I like these suspenseful endings....part of me thinks it's cool, and part of me thinks its freakin annoying. :-[
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:11 pm

Phatferd wrote:

French Lady had a daughter and I don't think he is one of the others. The others have apparently been their for longer than 16 years yet the talk Jack had with the "brotha" guy was obviously not 16 years ago. I kind of predicted that the guy from the stadium would be him too but that is still pretty weird and creepy. That whole conversation with Jack seemed to relate to the island as if the guy knew. "See you in the next life", "You should start believing in miracles", and even the "Lift it up" saying where he was referring to his ankle, maybe he was talking about the hatch or something.

Anyway this show is great, that part where Shannon saw Walt was creepy by the way.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk