THIS TEAM IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

THIS TEAM IS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:25 pm

i know it sounds redundant, but everything said is true. Not only is Ichiro more accomplished then Dunn, he gets .100 average higher and is starting to hit more home runs than in the past. I'm not saying Ichiro will become a power hitter (he hits for average and speed, and always will), but I'd take Ichiro over Dunn any day of the year.

Speaking of Ichiro, did anyone see him on the Bob Costas HBO Sports show? That was great..."it's hotter than two rats in a f---ing sock."...haha...
If you missed it, it's on HBO tonight at 10 eastern.

Lopez for Pudge is a bit fairer, but I have to go against everyone and rate Pudge over Javy. This year, Lopez has been tearing it up (without a doubt), but Pudge is much more consistent and has remained at his level for much of a time. I think in the long run, Pudge will be the winner.

Still, that trade (Ichiro/Lopez for Dunn/Pudge) was a one-sided deal.

Also, your team looks solid. I agree, you need some RP, but other than that you should be in for a good year.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SUPAFLY » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:44 am

thanks everyone for all info you have given me. i knew i had a great deal. ichiro is better than dunn. too bad bball can't see it. i can't seem to get rid of everett...
SUPAFLY

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Hingie » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:50 pm

if u guys wanna continue the dunn argument theres a topic in the 'fantasy baseball talk' forum - you'll spot it.

"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:04 pm

I have never seen such an anti-Ichiro site. Since this gentleman doesn't say what type of scoring there is, I will assume it's 5X5 with avg, r, hr, rbi, and sb. If that was the case, then Ichiro would win 3-2. Also, IMHO, hitting is much more about luck than pitching. If a hitter gets hot, he can steal you the r, hr, and rbi stats. Average and sb's are a little different. You can't teach speed.

IMHO, Dunn will continue to sink like a stone. As an "rbi monster", he has a total of 48 rbi's. With the way that lineup was going, he should have more.

Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I have never seen such an anti-Ichiro site. Since this gentleman doesn't say what type of scoring there is, I will assume it's 5X5 with avg, r, hr, rbi, and sb. If that was the case, then Ichiro would win 3-2.

yes it is 5x5

Postby SUPAFLY » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:26 pm

oh yeah it was me that posted... 5x5
SUPAFLY

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team