Who Will Close? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Who Will Close?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:54 pm

And who do I want to close next year?

Preferably Jason Frasor (the closer of last year) or Justin Speier, as I really don't want JP spending any money on a closer, there are more pressing needs at hand.. :-o
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:27 pm

mweir145 wrote:And who do I want to close next year?

Preferably Jason Frasor (the closer of last year) or Justin Speier, as I really don't want JP spending any money on a closer, there are more pressing needs at hand.. :-o

Yeah. Hopefully they don't waste any money on that.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:25 pm

Frasor closed it out tonight, and hopefully it will stay that way.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:15 am

mweir145 wrote:Frasor closed it out tonight, and hopefully it will stay that way.

Do we have any word about whether Frasor is the closer the rest of the way, or was this just a "rest Batista" type of night? I really have zero faith in Batista (for fantasy AND in real life), but don't want to drop him and let someone close to me in saves get something out of him...

By the way, Jays fans, for some reason the Jays have always been one of my two favorite teams (with the M's). I was only like 10 or 11, but I remember crying after the stupid A's beat them in the ALCS. The only real MLB jersey that I've ever owned was a Blue Jay jersey and I was wearing it (and my hat!) while jumping up and down after watching Joe hit the HR to win the WS. Good times... ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:40 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Frasor closed it out tonight, and hopefully it will stay that way.

Do we have any word about whether Frasor is the closer the rest of the way, or was this just a "rest Batista" type of night? I really have zero faith in Batista (for fantasy AND in real life), but don't want to drop him and let someone close to me in saves get something out of him...

By the way, Jays fans, for some reason the Jays have always been one of my two favorite teams (with the M's). I was only like 10 or 11, but I remember crying after the stupid A's beat them in the ALCS. The only real MLB jersey that I've ever owned was a Blue Jay jersey and I was wearing it (and my hat!) while jumping up and down after watching Joe hit the HR to win the WS. Good times... ;-D

I read in the news today that Batista will remain as the closer...it turns out that he was just taking a rest yesterday... :-/

Great news about you being a Jays fan ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:44 am

Big Pimpin wrote:

I know you were a smart man. ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lime » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:44 pm

Miggy Bats all the way. He'll prove a lot of people wrong.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 pm

Here's something to think about. Why not Dave Bush?

I know he may be a great starter, but he was a closer for some time in college and I think he'd be real good doing the job.

2.68 ERA
10.46 K/9
0.99 WHIP
16 Saves
70 IP

1.65 ERA
9.15 K/9
0.95 WHIP
13 Saves
60 IP

Just a suggestion, some may not like it, but I think he would be a good choice. The Jays are going to have to do something if they want to keep McGowan in the rotation.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:59 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Here's something to think about. Why not Dave Bush?

I know he may be a great starter, but he was a closer for some time in college and I think he'd be real good doing the job.

2.68 ERA
10.46 K/9
0.99 WHIP
16 Saves
70 IP

1.65 ERA
9.15 K/9
0.95 WHIP
13 Saves
60 IP

Just a suggestion, some may not like it, but I think he would be a good choice. The Jays are going to have to do something if they want to keep McGowan in the rotation.

I think Bush has too much potential to be a great starter to put him in the closers role. Bush really isn't all that overpowering anyway, and he has the ability to go 7-8 innings with ease if he his pitching well and throwing his curve ball in the right spots.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Toronto Blue Jays