Hanley Ramirez called up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley Ramirez called up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hanley Ramirez called up

Postby Yin_Xu88 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:29 pm

hes probably not going to do anything this year, but I should I use my #1 waiver on him? its a keepers league and I'm 6th place
Yin_Xu88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:03 pm

Well if your in Yahoo, he might not be added since they like to wait till hitters play a few games. Also do you get to keep the #1 waiver spot for next year? If so then don't use it on Hanely, wait for Delmon. But if you don't get to keep it, might as well try for Hanley as I doubt a better prospect will be called up this year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby thomasps3 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:28 pm

If you are in an AL-only league, I wouldn't use it on Hanley. Although he is talented, I believe one other guy in the Sox's system will have a bigger impact.....Craig Hansen. 97 MPH fastball, but a filthy 90 MPH slider that has some serious action to it. Look for him to be the Sox's closer next year, if not sooner, with Foulke recently quoted saying he's not sure if they will even have him on the post-season roster!
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:10 pm

Am I the only person that doesn't like Hanley Ramirez? At minor league sites I always see him ranked high and praised but I actually got to see him play once when I was up in the New England area(relatives live around there) with my family this year. He reminds a lot of Angel Berroa and not in a good way. He plays sloppy defense and seems to lollygag on plays and doesn't seem to give 100% all the time. He's a good hitter but not so spectacular that it makes up for his defense and hustle.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers