Cabrera vs Teixeira - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera vs Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cabrera vs Teixeira

Postby Laean » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:26 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Today I was pondering my top 10 picks for the 06 draft for our keeper league (since I am a geek and I don't play football or any other 'fantasy' games).

I would either get the 9th or the 10th pick depending on the championship this week. I'm hoping that Miggy and/or Teixeira will be available then (which I doubt). Looking at their splits, I didn't realize just how much of an advantage Teixeira has in terms of ballpark:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6788/splits
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/7163/splits

Cabrera's home splits are worse than his road splits. However, not to the extent that Teixeira's road splits being worse than his home splits. I think it's pretty safe to say that Arlington is AL's version of Coors. Further proof that Miggy is just a better hitter overall.

Nah, I'd say the White Sox park is more of AL Coors than Arlington. They are both close because of their positions, and if you are talking fantasy, it really doesn't matter if Tex has the advantage in parks. Thats just a plus for him. You don't downgrade or upgrade players based on what they would do if they played in a neutral park, because it isn't going to happen...

i disagree. if teix's away splits were like .280 and his home splits .300+ (think helton), then you're right that whatever you get from his home stadium is extra. but when his away splits actually hurt you with a something more near .250, then his good splits from home just balances out the harm from his away games, instead of giving you anything "extra."

in roto it doesn't really matter, but in h2h i try to avoid players on the rangers, padres, and rockies.

i'd go with miggy.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seniorpaul » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:27 am

I think it's *possible* that one of these guys could slip to 8 or 9. Not that i am saying i necessarily would , but i could see these guys getting drafted ahead of them (in no real order):

Pujols
Arod
Vlad
Soriano
Tejada
Abreu
Santana
Ortiz
Manny
D.Lee

Again, not saying that *I* would draft all these guys ahead of them, but some owners may.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers