Cabrera vs Teixeira - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera vs Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cabrera vs Teixeira

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Today I was pondering my top 10 picks for the 06 draft for our keeper league (since I am a geek and I don't play football or any other 'fantasy' games).

I would either get the 9th or the 10th pick depending on the championship this week. I'm hoping that Miggy and/or Teixeira will be available then (which I doubt). Looking at their splits, I didn't realize just how much of an advantage Teixeira has in terms of ballpark:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6788/splits
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/7163/splits

Cabrera's home splits are worse than his road splits. However, not to the extent that Teixeira's road splits being worse than his home splits. I think it's pretty safe to say that Arlington is AL's version of Coors. Further proof that Miggy is just a better hitter overall.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zhutou » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:09 pm

i'd take cabrera. though they should post up real similar numbers next year, miguel's eligibility at third simply makes him more valuable imo.
zhutou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby orange12 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:15 pm

I agree with zhutou. Miggy's 3B eligibility would make him the second best third baseman after Arod. I'm surprised he's not a keeper already. How many players does your league keep per team?
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Cabrera vs Teixeira

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:38 pm

Yoda wrote:Today I was pondering my top 10 picks for the 06 draft for our keeper league (since I am a geek and I don't play football or any other 'fantasy' games).

I would either get the 9th or the 10th pick depending on the championship this week. I'm hoping that Miggy and/or Teixeira will be available then (which I doubt). Looking at their splits, I didn't realize just how much of an advantage Teixeira has in terms of ballpark:

Cabrera's home splits are worse than his road splits. However, not to the extent that Teixeira's road splits being worse than his home splits. I think it's pretty safe to say that Arlington is AL's version of Coors. Further proof that Miggy is just a better hitter overall.

Nah, I'd say the White Sox park is more of AL Coors than Arlington. They are both close because of their positions, and if you are talking fantasy, it really doesn't matter if Tex has the advantage in parks. Thats just a plus for him. You don't downgrade or upgrade players based on what they would do if they played in a neutral park, because it isn't going to happen...
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Cabrera vs Teixeira

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Today I was pondering my top 10 picks for the 06 draft for our keeper league (since I am a geek and I don't play football or any other 'fantasy' games).

Nah, I'd say the White Sox park is more of AL Coors than Arlington. They are both close because of their positions, and if you are talking fantasy, it really doesn't matter if Tex has the advantage in parks. Thats just a plus for him. You don't downgrade or upgrade players based on what they would do if they played in a neutral park, because it isn't going to happen...

Not sure... Miggy will be eligible at two positions, he is younger and based on the splits he is already a much better hitter overall (which by the way is no knock on Teixeira).

However, Teixeira's home park is the only reason why I would even consider them close. I do like Teixeira and he is clearly a top 10 hitter (as I predicted that he may be as soon as end of 05) but Miggy is just on a different level.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:03 pm

Better average and position eligibility are the reasons Id take Cabrera over Tex, they are pretty similar in power numbers probably with Tex having the SLIGHT lead.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:03 pm

How will Tex and Cabs be the 9th/10th best players available in a keeper league? They aren't being kept? There aren't many guys I'd take before them in a keeper. But I would take Miggy first.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:10 pm

bigken117 wrote:How will Tex and Cabs be the 9th/10th best players available in a keeper league? They aren't being kept? There aren't many guys I'd take before them in a keeper. But I would take Miggy first.

I'm figuring it's a new league.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby prhood » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:17 pm

Even in a new league I can't cabrera being available at the 9th or 10th pick.
prhood
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:47 pm

prhood wrote:Even in a new league I can't cabrera being available at the 9th or 10th pick.

I agree. In a keeper league I'd say that these guys should be gone by the 9th or 10th pick of the first round (12-teamer): As you can see, neither M-Cab nor Tex is there. I might try to trade up - even a spot or two would do the trick, and then you can probably get your hands on one of those guys.

1. Pujols
2. A-Rod
3. Vlad
4. Abreu
5. M-Cab
6. Tex
7. Miggy
8. Sori

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager