Closest week in H2H playoff history? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Closest week in H2H playoff history?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Closest week in H2H playoff history?

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:54 pm

Not venting or anything, just seeing if anyone can beat the score of my game and how close it was for my $500 money leauge.

I'm Dye'sGoldenSombreros.

We tied and I lost the ERA tiebreaker. It literally came down to the last at bat in Utley. If Utley got a base hit, I would win by tying batting average. If Utley grounded out, like that dirty slob would eventually do, then I lose. That's basically what it came down to, other than Miguel Cabrera striking out twice and giving him the lead in batter's K's and Luis Castillo tripling, which gave him that cat.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:09 pm

That one is unbeatable as far as closeness is concerned...I tied a game, but sadly lost the ERA tiebreaker. :-[
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:26 pm

Too bad for you on the crap ERA tie breaker.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:40 pm

I lost the championship 5 years ago due to a 0.02 ERA difference, ERA being the tie breaker. Felix Rodriguez came in for him to pitch a perfect inning to put him over in the very last game of the season. I will never forget this as long as I live.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:16 pm

rediculously close, i agree. ;-D

but i've got to ask: why on earth do you have H, 1B, 2B, 3B, and HR ALL as categories? doesn't it seem a bit redundant? :-?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:31 pm

George_Foreman wrote:rediculously close, i agree. ;-D

but i've got to ask: why on earth do you have H, 1B, 2B, 3B, and HR ALL as categories? doesn't it seem a bit redundant? :-?

I know, it's horrible settings. I'd have won if it were a regular 5x5.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:38 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:rediculously close, i agree. ;-D

I know, it's horrible settings. I'd have won if it were a regular 5x5.

I think AVG is redundant there, not those other stats, although I probably would've gone w/ H and TB instead of individual cats for 1B, 2B, 3B and HR. Also, doesn't make sense to me to have CG and SHO unless it's a points league. I'd much rather see pitching BB or K/BB instead, especially since you've got both K and K/9 there.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:44 pm

I don't think anyone can beat that for closeness...that said I've lost FOUR era tiebreakers so far in the playoffs this year out of 10 leagues. I've won in 5 leagues and lost in another 6-4. And every single one of the leagues would have had me winning if the tiebreaker was either average or best regular season record. :-t

The closest tiebreaker for me was one where the pitcher in the Sunday night game either had to give up one more ER or pitch 0.2 less innings than he pitched for me to win. I'd gone into that game with the ERA lead and lost it due to the other guy's pitcher having a good outing.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:22 pm

I blew it during the weekend thanks to none of my regular starting pitchers going this weekend, therefore I had to resort to spot starting to get the lead in wins and K's when I had a hefty lead in ERA and WHIP. I was up 8-2 on Thursday and ended up blowing it 6-4 them. I eventually lost all the pitching stats except K's.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:21 pm

Boy Money, you sure did suck that week.

"Yeah, suck like a fox!" :-b

Too bad. In my only H2H league I made it to this weeks finals vs wrveres on tiebreakers :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers