Can I win my league championsip? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can I win my league championsip?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will I Win?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 2

Can I win my league championsip?

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:09 am

Hey, I am in the championship this week. I finished the regular season in second place behind the guy that I'm playing this week. Do I have chance? I'm worried about Ensberg being out and Colon after the back injury. Its a 6 team standard 5x5 Yahoo League with daily transactions.

My Team:
C- AJ Pierzynski
1B-Todd Helton
2B-Jorge Cantu
3B-Alex Rodriguez
SS-Julio Lugo
IF-Pedro Feliz
OF- Carlos Lee
OF-Juan Pierre
OF-Grady Sizemore
OF-Vernon Wells
Util-Jason Bay
BENCH-Morgan Ensberg
DL-Clint Barmes (Never activated him after he came back)

SP-Jon Garland
SP-Dan Haren
SP-Noah Lowry
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP-Brad Lidge
RP-Ryan Dempster
P-Huston Street
P-Armando Benitez
P-Mark Buehrle
BENCH-Jake Peavy
BENCH-Bartolo Colon
BENCH-Jae Seo
BENCH-Brett Myers

My Opponents Team:
C-Jason Varitek
1B-David Ortiz
2B-Jose Reyes
3B-Melvin Mora
SS-Rafael Furcal
IF-Richie Sexson
OF-Bobby Abreu
OF-Cliff Floyd
OF-Carl Crawford
OF-Jermaine Dye
BENCH-Travis Hafner
BENCH-Jim Edmonds

SP-Derek Turnbow
SP-Dontrelle Willis
SP-Jason Schmidt
RP-Joe Nathan
RP-Brian Fuentes
RP-Bob Wickman
P-Trevor Hoffman
P-Scot Shields
P-Dustin Hermanson
BENCH-Roy Oswalt
BENCH-Matt Morris
BENCH-Chris Carpenter
BENCH-Chris Capuano

Please let me know what you think. I'm pretty worried that I don't stand a chance.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:20 pm

I like your hitting better, but I'm worried about your pitching. Keep a close eye on the matchups and you should be OK.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby abstractpoet » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:35 pm

I wouldn't say that you don't stand a chance, but I do like the other guy's team a bit better--it's tough to top his starting rotation, even with Schmidt out.

The offenses match up much better--if I had to pick, I guess I'd still give the other guy the slight edge. His outfield's just a little bit more consistent, and he has Hafner whom he can plug in off the bench.

Like I said, though, you still have a decent shot at it. Play the matchups carefully, and see what happens. You've worked hard all season, I presume, but a lot of it is out of your hands now.

Is there a moves/innings limit in your league? One way to compensate for the disparity between pitching staffs is to spot start like crazy and at least try to beat him in wins and K's.
abstractpoet
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of my guys get their starts on Wednesday so I think I will spot start the rest of the week after that. Thanks again.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Can I win my league championsip?

Postby mikhayl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:57 am

In H2H everyone's got a chance every week. Unfortunately, championship week is 2 weeks long.

You definitely have the edge on power hitters and offensive production, and your pitching isn't bad, but i think it'll be tough to put together two weeks of really good starts from your squad-good enough to counter your opponent's pretty sick rotation.

You never know though. Morris has been garbage recently and Schmidt just got shut down. Most of your starting pitchers are also in playoff races, so they'll have reason to dig deep.

Honestly, you never know. While it doesn't look good on paper, you definitely have a a chance.

Edit: If it were me, and the other guy was having really good outings from his SP, I'd try to be selective as possible and try to snag ERA and WHIP while just making the minimum IP. I think you've got a great shot at taking 3 or 4 out of 5 offensive categories. Play for the tie and take it by ERA tiebreak. I did it last week in 7x7 against a team far far better than me and it got me to the finals.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team