so it tonly clark going to hit 90 homers next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

so it tonly clark going to hit 90 homers next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

so it tonly clark going to hit 90 homers next year?

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:13 pm

i mean, he's hit 29 in 204 ABs this year....

seriously, though. i figured i'd have the best arizona hitter on my team when i drafted luis gonzalez and shawn green. but low and behold, clark has out-played the lot. does anyone have any feelings on clark other than the bewlidered (and slightly annoyed) surprise that i've got?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:16 pm

8-o 8-o

I had no idea he was doing so well 8-o

He was terrible in NY last year.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:17 pm

yeah. i didn't even mention the .313 BA or the 78 RBI.

George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:30 pm

Bah. looks like i'm an idiot. he's "really" had 317 ABs this year. I was succered by an erroneous yahoo! post-game report that said:
Clark, signed to a one-year contract as a pinch hitter and role player, is hitting .313 in 204 at-bats with 29 homers and 82 RBIs.

but his stat sheet says that after today he should have 317 ABs....

either way, that's still a 55 HR pace. not bad for mr. clark.

George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Webster11 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:33 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Bah. looks like i'm an idiot. he's "really" had 317 ABs this year. I was succered by an erroneous yahoo! post-game report that said:
Clark, signed to a one-year contract as a pinch hitter and role player, is hitting .313 in 204 at-bats with 29 homers and 82 RBIs.

Not bad at all...but why isnt he getting more consistent playing time with those kind of #'s?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:01 pm

Webster11 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:Bah. looks like i'm an idiot. he's "really" had 317 ABs this year. I was succered by an erroneous yahoo! post-game report that said:

Not bad at all...but why isnt he getting more consistent playing time with those kind of #'s?
Now, that's a good question.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Pedantic » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:36 pm

They're leaning toward the youth, and Clark ain't exactly youth. :-b

Everytime I see this guy explode the box score, I kick myself in the jaw. I had him on my NL-only squad earlier in the season. Gah. Why, oh, why did I ever let him go? :~(
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:25 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Webster11 wrote:

Now, that's a good question.

I have no clue why either, they keep trying to play some of their younger guys for some strange reason when they suck, like Terrero and Cintron and that somehow cuts into Clarks time.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 pm

Pedantic wrote:They're leaning toward the youth, and Clark ain't exactly youth. :-b

Yeah, as it is, they haven't even brought up Carlos Quentin like everyone expected. Clark's great performance as a platoon player has indirectly kept Quentin down below while relegating Conor Jackson to PH duty most of the time.

At midseason, I thought there would be a bunch of great RF prospects arriving in late Aug/early Sept, eg. Young, Hermida, Quentin, Jackson (although they're switching him to 1B), etc, so I passed on Francoeur in my dynasty-like league. Now, I'm just glad I managed to grab Hermida along w/ Gomes (to go w/ Drew) for my RF. Sure, Young and Quentin will come up some time next year, but given what's going on so far, who knows when they'll actually arrive? At least now, I don't have to worry about my RF and will definitely have a good bat to start there next season whether it's Drew, Gomes or Hermida (and one could also be good enough for Util too).

Everytime I see this guy explode the box score, I kick myself in the jaw. I had him on my NL-only squad earlier in the season. Gah. Why, oh, why did I ever let him go? :~(

Yeah, he's actually still available in both leagues I play in. In my dynasty-like league, I guess no contender wants to waste a roster spot on him, especially since you can't be sure when he'll play. I'm probably the most likely owner to give him a spin now since I'm running out of time to stage my miracle comeback, but I just can't spare the spot since I have no idea when he plays.

In my non-keeper league, we have a 40-move limit -- and I'm down to 1 left as it is.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:54 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I have no clue why either, they keep trying to play some of their younger guys for some strange reason when they suck, like Terrero and Cintron and that somehow cuts into Clarks time.

But how do those guys eat into Clarks playing time though? I don't recall them playing 1B while Clark only plays 1B -- and there is no DH slot. With Glaus at 3B, they've even had to move Tracy into RF in order to find some playing time for Conor Jackson. Tracy was originally 3B before switching to 1B platoon w/ Clark and then to RF. And next year, don't know what they'll do when they bring up Quentin -- they were originally expected to bring him up this Sept.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers