The Worst Team $200m can buy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Worst Team $200m can buy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Sultans of Squat wrote:Sigh. You didn't need to put together a silly list of minimum wage guys to argue that point. And then going ahead to do that is kinda pointless because it has no basis in reality. Now, I'm not saying the OP's idea of putting together a worse $200M team than the Yanks has too much basis in reality either, but certainly, one could definitely do worse.

It has no basis in reality? :-? The list is reality. The salary of those players combined is roughly the same amount of money that Ramirez makes. I think you are reading way too much into it.

Sultans of Squat wrote:
Tavish wrote:How about just Hafner, Peralta, V-Martinez, Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Coco Crisp for a cool $2 Million dollars.

So you mean you can assemble those kind of guys together in a real MLB team w/ that kind of money every year? Hafner's gonna keep making only $500K every year, etc? And all those guys are already at the same caliber as the guys in your original list too? What about the rest of the roster?

Where did I ever say anything about being able to put all those players from the original list together on a real team? When was any of the posts in this thread ever about being able to put together a real team. They were all lists of players who were grossly overpaid for their production. I showed the flip side.

Tavish wrote:
I mean even Oakland hasn't come close to putting together such a roster as you have there as impressive as Billy Beane has been.

Thats because Beane isn't all that smart. ;-D

Talk is cheap. When you or a few others have actually done better in real life, then you have a good point. Now, I'm not arguing that Beane is some sort of genius or anything, but it seems rather arrogant (maybe even asinine) of you to say that.

Are you going to patrol the threads where people insinuate that Mark Bellhorn is a crappy ballplayer and let them know that its awfully arrogant of them to say that since he has done more than them? It was a joke, and certainly not the last shot I'll take at Beane.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:05 pm

sosa :-P
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:26 pm

Tavish wrote:
Sultans of Squat wrote:Sigh. You didn't need to put together a silly list of minimum wage guys to argue that point. And then going ahead to do that is kinda pointless because it has no basis in reality. Now, I'm not saying the OP's idea of putting together a worse $200M team than the Yanks has too much basis in reality either, but certainly, one could definitely do worse.

It has no basis in reality? :-? The list is reality. The salary of those players combined is roughly the same amount of money that Ramirez makes. I think you are reading way too much into it.

Sultans of Squat wrote:
Tavish wrote:How about just Hafner, Peralta, V-Martinez, Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Coco Crisp for a cool $2 Million dollars.

So you mean you can assemble those kind of guys together in a real MLB team w/ that kind of money every year? Hafner's gonna keep making only $500K every year, etc? And all those guys are already at the same caliber as the guys in your original list too? What about the rest of the roster?

Where did I ever say anything about being able to put all those players from the original list together on a real team? When was any of the posts in this thread ever about being able to put together a real team. They were all lists of players who were grossly overpaid for their production. I showed the flip side.

Tavish wrote:
I mean even Oakland hasn't come close to putting together such a roster as you have there as impressive as Billy Beane has been.

Talk is cheap. When you or a few others have actually done better in real life, then you have a good point. Now, I'm not arguing that Beane is some sort of genius or anything, but it seems rather arrogant (maybe even asinine) of you to say that.

Are you going to patrol the threads where people insinuate that Mark Bellhorn is a crappy ballplayer and let them know that its awfully arrogant of them to say that since he has done more than them? It was a joke, and certainly not the last shot I'll take at Beane.

LOL... Go easy on him Tavish. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:20 am

Yoda wrote:LOL... Go easy on him Tavish. :-D

LOL! Have mercy on me, oh great one. I slay easy from half-baked analogies/comparisons and misinterpretation of my utterly inane words. ;-7 I cannot even bear to gaze upon your profound genius and brilliance w/out great trembling, fear and confusion to my utter amusement. Oh, woe is me. Oh, woe is me. Have mercy... Have mercy... :-° :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:14 pm

Tavish wrote:The one man Manny Ramirez team

Cost $22 Million

C Victor Martinez $372K
1B Mark Teixeira $3.63M
2B Chase Utley $345K
3B David Wright $323K
SS Mike Young $2.58M
RF Jason Bay $355K
CF Carl Crawford $370K
LF Miguel Cabrera $370K
DH Travis Hafner $377K

SP Johan Santana $4.75M
SP Chris Carpenter $2M
SP Rich Harden $337K
SP Dontrelle Willis $379K
SP AJ Burnett $3.65M
RP Derrick Turnbow $322K
RP Brad Lidge $500K
RP Joe Nathan $2M

The non-Ramirez team cost $22 Million

Not next year. :-D

Nice research, though. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:17 pm

wrveres wrote:Three Pages and no Mike Hampton? :-o

He was mentioned on the 1st page. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

and Mr Foreman and I discussed that on page three .. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:36 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

and Mr Foreman and I discussed that on page three .. ;-D

I noticed that after I typed it. O:-)
Lofunzo

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Tavish wrote:The one man Manny Ramirez team

Cost $22 Million

C Victor Martinez $372K
1B Mark Teixeira $3.63M
2B Chase Utley $345K
3B David Wright $323K
SS Mike Young $2.58M
RF Jason Bay $355K
CF Carl Crawford $370K
LF Miguel Cabrera $370K
DH Travis Hafner $377K

SP Johan Santana $4.75M
SP Chris Carpenter $2M
SP Rich Harden $337K
SP Dontrelle Willis $379K
SP AJ Burnett $3.65M
RP Derrick Turnbow $322K
RP Brad Lidge $500K
RP Joe Nathan $2M

The non-Ramirez team cost $22 Million

Oh wow :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DCNats » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Tavish wrote:

Sultans of Squat wrote:

Tavish wrote:

Right on. It'd be nice to see your original $6 million list if you still have it. ;-D
Last edited by DCNats on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers