Show Cano some Love - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Show Cano some Love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:57 pm

blankman wrote:Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

8024 ...

Pot meet Kettle
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:59 pm

wrveres wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
et all you experts claim he'll suck having never even seen the kid play.

but i don't really recall seeing a lot of people saying that cano is "garbage" or "crap" or "he'll suck".

exactly !!!!

Maybe the 15 page thread back in August, where everyone was jumping on the bash Cano bandwagon in the face of the Bellhorn signing.

But I guess that doesn't actually matter. ;-7
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby wrveres » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:21 pm

blankman wrote:
wrveres wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
et all you experts claim he'll suck having never even seen the kid play.

but i don't really recall seeing a lot of people saying that cano is "garbage" or "crap" or "he'll suck".

exactly !!!!

Maybe the 15 page thread back in August, where everyone was jumping on the bash Cano bandwagon in the face of the Bellhorn signing.

But I guess that doesn't actually matter. ;-7

another clueless statement by a clueless fan ..

I just went and read that thread ...
for starters it was only 7 pages, and secondly there was only one guy .... ONE ... who said Cano sucks ... and he gave a very compelling arguement ...

Get a clue :-t
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:54 pm

wrveres wrote:is anybody else sick and tired of the Yankee fans saying "You have probably never even seen him play" when ESPN shoves that garbage baseball down our troat all season long ... :-t :-t

Little clue for you clueless Yanks fans ..

WE HAVE NO FRICKING CHOICE BUT TO WATCH THAT CRAP THAT GEORGE PUTS ON THE FIELD.

Oh and how fricking sad is it, that after spending 200 million on a team, the apparent "saving grace" is a .290 hitting rookie, that bats 9th in the lineup :-t

and lastly ...

Lo .. I hate the Yankees, and will always hate the Yankees. No amont of whining about it on your part is going to change that..

The Yankees SUCK!
and they can suck my .. ....

Who peed in your Cheerios?? I presonally don't care what team you hate. That's your right. As for watching them play, I think that watching more games allows you to give a better opinion of a player. I understand that ESPN and Fox shove them down your throats. You don't have to watch it, though. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:56 pm

Cano I don't know as much about but he looks decent; he also seems to have trouble with consistency. I think Reyes will be a better player but Cano seems to be decent to me.

That's fair but also usually the case for all rookies. Very few make it through their first season without a few hiccups. That's why the criticism of him is so alarming. He came out of nowhere, did very well, and then went into a slump. It's a game of adjustments and the pitchers adjusted to him. Now, the tide has turned.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:58 pm

Guys.......Please take your bickering to PM or IM. This board is no place for it. We have been very lenient with this stuff but that's gotta stop. :-t
Lofunzo

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:03 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:is anybody else sick and tired of the Yankee fans saying "You have probably never even seen him play" when ESPN shoves that garbage baseball down our troat all season long ... :-t :-t

WE HAVE NO FRICKING CHOICE BUT TO WATCH THAT CRAP THAT GEORGE PUTS ON THE FIELD.

Oh and how fricking sad is it, that after spending 200 million on a team, the apparent "saving grace" is a .290 hitting rookie, that bats 9th in the lineup :-t

and lastly ...

Lo .. I hate the Yankees, and will always hate the Yankees. No amont of whining about it on your part is going to change that..

The Yankees SUCK!

Who peed in your Cheerios?? I presonally don't care what team you hate. That's your right. As for watching them play, I think that watching more games allows you to give a better opinion of a player. I understand that ESPN and Fox shove them down your throats. You don't have to watch it, though. ;-D

no its not like that ...
As I read thru this thread, what stands out to me is the constant banter by Yank fans, "You don't watch every Yankee game so you don't know what you are talking about" .. Nobody watches every baseball game. Not Rosenthal, Not Gammons, Nobody. Do they "not know what they are talking about"? I'd beg to differ .. so for Yank fan to come in here and assume that we are a bunch of idiots because we don't watch every game in just assinine :-t

I promise you I lose more knowledge about the game in the sweat dripping off of my (o) sac, than a few of the posters in here that call themselves Yankees fans, have ever gained.

Not all, but Most ..

Now is their some solid Yankee fans/posters .. You betcha! A few of them I even lean on from time to time..
Yourself, MMmoney and AT come to mind off the top of my head, and I may have even missed a few, so aplogies, but it just gets a little old reading his bullcrap every day.

"You don't watch every Yankee game so you don't know what you are talking about" :-t
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:13 am

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

and lastly ...

The Yankees SUCK!

no its not like that ...
As I read thru this thread, what stands out to me is the constant banter by Yank fans, "You don't watch every Yankee game so you don't know what you are talking about" .. Nobody watches every baseball game. Not Rosenthal, Not Gammons, Nobody. Do they "not know what they are talking about"? I'd beg to differ .. so for Yank fan to come in here and assume that we are a bunch of idiots because we don't watch every game in just assinine :-t

I promise you I lose more knowledge about the game in the sweat dripping off of my (o) sac, than a few of the posters in here that call themselves Yankees fans, have ever gained.

Not all, but Most ..

Now is their some solid Yankee fans/posters .. You betcha! A few of them I even lean on from time to time..
Yourself, MMmoney and AT come to mind off the top of my head, and I may have even missed a few, so aplogies, but it just gets a little old reading his bullcrap every day.

"You don't watch every Yankee game so you don't know what you are talking about" :-t

I understand completely but it works both ways. Just like there are poster Yankee fans that claim that they watch all of the games and they don't, there are also Yankee haters that come on here and look at nothing other than the Yahoo statline when they critique players. That's where I was going. Personally, I know that I could count on 1 hand the amount of Yankee games that I have missed this year. Whatever that means is subjective. Either way, I thank my lucky stars that they brought up Cano this year because he has been a nice addition. Whatever happens down the line, who knows?? I just know that I like what I have seen so far. :-)
Lofunzo

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:26 am

Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

and lastly ...

The Yankees SUCK!

no its not like that ...

Not all, but Most ..

I understand completely but it works both ways. Just like there are poster Yankee fans that claim that they watch all of the games and they don't, there are also Yankee haters that come on here and look at nothing other than the Yahoo statline when they critique players. That's where I was going. Personally, I know that I could count on 1 hand the amount of Yankee games that I have missed this year. Whatever that means is subjective. Either way, I thank my lucky stars that they brought up Cano this year because he has been a nice addition. Whatever happens down the line, who knows?? I just know that I like what I have seen so far. :-)

I have had Cano as my MI in my money since a week after he got called up, and have been very happy with him. But then again, what do I know, I don't watch every Yankee game so I must be an idiot.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:04 pm

wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

and lastly ...

The Yankees SUCK!

no its not like that ...

Not all, but Most ..

I have had Cano as my MI in my money since a week after he got called up, and have been very happy with him. But then again, what do I know, I don't watch every Yankee game so I must be an idiot.

:-D :-D

You do know the difference, though. You don't get everything from the boxscore. :-)
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers