I Love Ozzie Guillen... ;-) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Love Ozzie Guillen... ;-)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pmacxx2 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:01 pm

blankman wrote::-t :-t

That's just terrible. You'd never see a classy manager like Torre call his players out to the media.

Just very unprofessional :-t

That's because he has an overbearing, ego-maniac owner to do it for him.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:23 pm

If the White Sox blow the division and miss the playoffs, it will be a collapse even worse than the 69 Cubs :-b Watch them choke it away vs Cleveland.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

fd

Postby joeg24 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:04 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:If the White Sox blow the division and miss the playoffs, it will be a collapse even worse than the 69 Cubs :-b Watch them choke it away vs Cleveland.

It would be quite bad. They've blown substational leads to the Twins in 2 of the last three years too.

Here's a question for ya.... is a 14.5 game lead on July 31, silmilar to a 3-0 lead in an ALCS? Not quite of corse, but still pretty much a lock.

If i was to put some money on this, I would have a VERY tough time deciding. The momentum and schedule faovr the Indians so much, the Sox still have a big lead though....
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

g

Postby joeg24 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:10 pm

Ouch!

I know it was Johan and Nathan, but 16 k's in a 9 inning game in pretty much a must win, sure will spark a classic Guillen line. I think it's safe to assume he's upset right now. Especially with the bases jacked in the ninth! 3 straight K's!

Did i hear right on ESPN that the biggest lead ever blown was 13 by the Dodgers in the Thomson walk off year? I'm pretty sure this was 14.5 at one point for CHW over CLE/MIN... interesting
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JTWood » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:59 pm

Biggest ever was indeed given up by the Dodgers to the Giants, but I don't remember the game count.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

h

Postby joeg24 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:09 pm

The 14.5 lead for the Sox was on 7/31 I believe too. 2 months only... wow!
joeg24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:00 pm

JT...He loves you too ;-)
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:05 am

The Mariners were 12 back of the Angels on 8/1/95 and they came back and won it. I know they weren't the biggest, but that was a crazy run. It's hard to believe it may be happening on an even bigger scale. Go Tribe!
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:51 am

Yeah, this really is starting to look crazy now, especially since the Chisox has had a relatively recent history of blowing divisional leads while being a perennial favorite to win. Those who believe in curses and such or simply like to hype up about eras and such might just call this the final/concluding legacy of the Big Hurt Era, if the Sox do blow it again. :D

Where's that Indians fan who got shooed away last week when he dared to hope out loud that they would catch the Sox? ;-)

I wonder if the one Indians fan owner in our dynasty-like league will finally show up again w/ all this craziness after being MIA since late May. :D I'm thinking we should drop him as owner next year as he was never that active to begin w/.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Tavish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:03 am

Big Pimpin wrote:The Mariners were 12 back of the Angels on 8/1/95 and they came back and won it. I know they weren't the biggest, but that was a crazy run. It's hard to believe it may be happening on an even bigger scale. Go Tribe!

The biggest I can think of was the 14 game comeback the Yanks put on the Red Sox to tie for the division which led to Bucky Dent's HR in the one game playoff. The Red Sox had that lead in July (maybe August not sure) so this years Indians/ChiSox would be more improbable. They can blame it on the Black Sox curse.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers