willis over beckett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

willis over beckett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:56 pm

Well the original post didn't say anything about 2006, so yes if you are talking about 2006 then it really depends on who their other pitchers are. They will try to alternate right/left as much as possible I'm sure and both Beckett and Willis are fine as a #1 or a #2.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:34 am

Sultans of Squat wrote:I own Beckett and Olsen in my dynasty-like league and would prefer to see them slotted as low as possible in the rotation to minimize facing tough opposing SPs. Although Olsen should probably be slotted #3 based on talent, Vargas will have more MLB experience. They'll probably also want to handle Olsen w/ a little more care next year since he had to shut it down w/ elbow inflammation back over a month ago -- I'm still trying to find out how that's going. :-/

i may be wrong here, but i don't think it matters, except in the first week, in which slot your SP is penciled. say you have willis at #1, it doesn't mean he'll face a #1 pitcher more often than a #2 or #3. team rotations change too many times during the season.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby Pedantic » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:28 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Sultans of Squat wrote:I own Beckett and Olsen in my dynasty-like league and would prefer to see them slotted as low as possible in the rotation to minimize facing tough opposing SPs. Although Olsen should probably be slotted #3 based on talent, Vargas will have more MLB experience. They'll probably also want to handle Olsen w/ a little more care next year since he had to shut it down w/ elbow inflammation back over a month ago -- I'm still trying to find out how that's going. :-/

i may be wrong here, but i don't think it matters, except in the first week, in which slot your SP is penciled. say you have willis at #1, it doesn't mean he'll face a #1 pitcher more often than a #2 or #3. team rotations change too many times during the season.

I agree. It's not exactly a batting order. Didn't Brad Radke get the opening day start over Santana this year? I seem to remember something like that anyway...
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Red Stripe » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:37 am

Pedantic wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

I agree. It's not exactly a batting order. Didn't Brad Radke get the opening day start over Santana this year? I seem to remember something like that anyway...

Ya Radke did get the opening day nod over Johan but I remember Gardenhire saying something like "Radke has been here longer" or some crappy veteran respect excuse like that.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers