willis over beckett - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

willis over beckett

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

willis over beckett

Postby cubsin'05 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:42 pm

what is the likelihood that trhe fish might move d-train to the top spot in the rotation and move beckett down to the 2 hole??? just wondering...

tim :*)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:10 am

When? Next year or in the playoffs? I don't think they would do it for the playoffs but starting next year I could see it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:16 am

There is no chance they'll do it. Beckett, Willis, Burnett gives them balance, Righty, Lefty, Righty.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:07 pm

baseballnewb wrote:There is no chance they'll do it. Beckett, Willis, Burnett gives them balance, Righty, Lefty, Righty.

Exactly. Doesn't mean that Beckett is better than Willis by any means. Just better for the team.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

willis over beckett

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:13 pm

i should have been more specific... i meant for 2006...

tim :*)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:34 pm

2006 maybe but I think it will depend on who the other SP are.
If Olsen and Vargas are in the rotation I would bet Willis will get the first start since they will have 3 LHP.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:00 pm

baseballnewb wrote:There is no chance they'll do it. Beckett, Willis, Burnett gives them balance, Righty, Lefty, Righty.

Burnett? He's as good as gone already. Can't really see them spending the $$$ to keep him.

Assuming Olsen and Vargas will be in the rotation, I'm hoping it'll be something like:

Willis, Beckett, Vargas, Valdez/Moehler/Villone/some cheap FA RHP, Olsen

That would yield a lefty/righty/lefty/etc. rotation except when it wraps back around to Willis.

I own Beckett and Olsen in my dynasty-like league and would prefer to see them slotted as low as possible in the rotation to minimize facing tough opposing SPs. Although Olsen should probably be slotted #3 based on talent, Vargas will have more MLB experience. They'll probably also want to handle Olsen w/ a little more care next year since he had to shut it down w/ elbow inflammation back over a month ago -- I'm still trying to find out how that's going. :-/
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Sultans of Squat wrote:

Burnett? He's as good as gone already. Can't really see them spending the $$$ to keep him.

Assuming Olsen and Vargas will be in the rotation, I'm hoping it'll be something like:

Willis, Beckett, Vargas, Valdez/Moehler/Villone/some cheap FA RHP, Olsen

That would yield a lefty/righty/lefty/etc. rotation except when it wraps back around to Willis.

I own Beckett and Olsen in my dynasty-like league and would prefer to see them slotted as low as possible in the rotation to minimize facing tough opposing SPs. Although Olsen should probably be slotted #3 based on talent, Vargas will have more MLB experience. They'll probably also want to handle Olsen w/ a little more care next year since he had to shut it down w/ elbow inflammation back over a month ago -- I'm still trying to find out how that's going. :-/

Burnette is gone. And the Fins won't miss him one bit.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:50 pm

Burnett is almost a shoe in to be gone from the fish. And they've got good enough young guys to make up for him too. Olsen has the potential to get up to Beckett, Willis, Burnett status anyways.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sultans of Squat » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:19 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Burnett is almost a shoe in to be gone from the fish. And they've got good enough young guys to make up for him too. Olsen has the potential to get up to Beckett, Willis, Burnett status anyways.

Yah. That's why I've been hanging onto Olsen in my dynasty-like league even though he's eating up real roster space (on 25-man roster). However, I'd really like to find out if his elbow has improved at all since being shut down over a month ago. I'd hate to waste the roster spot if this is a precursor to lots more problem going forward as if young/rookie SPs aren't already risky propositions when they're healthy and playing.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers