Why are there no fans anymoer at Indian's games??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why are there no fans anymoer at Indian's games???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why are there no fans anymoer at Indian's games???

Postby tribefan13 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:55 pm

What I dont understand is why there are only 20,000 fans at their games during the week? I mean we are hot right now and winning the wild card and only selling 20,000 tickets. The other night it was 5 dollar tickets anywhere in the park except club seats and we stil couldn't sell out. Anyone know why no one is going to these games. And yesterdays was against Oakland, not even a bad team? UHHH i dont understand these "fans"
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why are there no fans anymoer at Indian's games???

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:26 pm

tribefan13 wrote:What I dont understand is why there are only 20,000 fans at their games during the week? I mean we are hot right now and winning the wild card and only selling 20,000 tickets. The other night it was 5 dollar tickets anywhere in the park except club seats and we stil couldn't sell out. Anyone know why no one is going to these games. And yesterdays was against Oakland, not even a bad team? UHHH i dont understand these "fans"

They dismantled their team over the years. Plus CLE is a big football town.

They have done remarkably well and if they make the playoffs, the fans will come back.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby waterproof » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:31 pm

Football and basketball are too hot now...

I used to live in C-town when every game was a sell out, how times change
waterproof
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Broncmet724 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:44 pm

I don't know how much this plays a factor, but I have heard about several teams complaining about the lack of attendance since school has restarted. Did the drastic increase in fuel prices play any role? <shrug>
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Yoda wrote:They dismantled their team over the years. Plus CLE is a big football town.
After seeing the Browns play everyone should be flocking to Jacobs Field. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby Gepfar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:23 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:They dismantled their team over the years. Plus CLE is a big football town.

Doesn't matter...Browns can be the worst in the NFL, and there will be 80k asses in the seats for their games. Cleveland has always been a football town. Hell, I remember the days at old Municipal Stadium when the Tribe could only put about 5k in the seats.

The mid 90's were a special time. Indians were an offensive power house, Browns left town, Jacobs Field opened...going to a Tribe game was the "in" thing.

Now...Browns are back, Indians dismantled and rebuilt, LeBron hit town and with a tough economy, there is greater competition for people's entertainment dollar.

The current attendence is probably more like the norm for a mid size market and the first few seasons at the Jake were more of an abberation. The Jake will still sell out come playoff time...
Gep
Gepfar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tmoney » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:53 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:I don't know how much this plays a factor, but I have heard about several teams complaining about the lack of attendance since school has restarted.

I have heard this argument too, and it does make some sense during the school week. Kids generally cant attend games during the week when they have school the next day, so I would assume family attendance takes a hit the last few weeks of the season.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moneybaseball » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:50 pm

Gepfar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Doesn't matter...Browns can be the worst in the NFL, and there will be 80k asses in the seats for their games. Cleveland has always been a football town. Hell, I remember the days at old Municipal Stadium when the Tribe could only put about 5k in the seats.

The mid 90's were a special time. Indians were an offensive power house, Browns left town, Jacobs Field opened...going to a Tribe game was the "in" thing.

Now...Browns are back, Indians dismantled and rebuilt, LeBron hit town and with a tough economy, there is greater competition for people's entertainment dollar.

The current attendence is probably more like the norm for a mid size market and the first few seasons at the Jake were more of an abberation. The Jake will still sell out come playoff time...

Well said.
moneybaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tavish » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:25 am

For a team in the middle of a Wild Card hunt 24,000 is pretty bad attendance for even a small market team. Not living in the town I don't know exactly what the feeling is about the club, but if I were the players or management I would be completely discouraged by the turnout for a team 22 games over .500, leading the Wild Card race and even within striking distance of a division crown.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Apollo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 am

Because I'm off at college in Illinois. }:-)
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers