Where was Hermanson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where was Hermanson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where was Hermanson?

Postby shortsavage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:56 am

Does anyone have any official information on why Dustin Hermanson didn't come in to convert the save for the White Sox last night?

I know his back has been a problem all season, but I think him not getting in last night is a noteworthy situation - especially if he is letting you down in your playoffs - that hasn't been given much attention.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:14 pm

Well it was a 2 Inning save for Jenks but it's worth noting since Hermanson hadn't pitched since his BS on the 9th... Ozzie Guillen is a strange cat. This is hard to read into. I'm thrilled though because the 1st place team in my roto is hanging onto his 2nd place in saves lead by a few and he has Hermanson, as does the team I'm currently shutting out 8-0 in H2H playoffs. Keep it up Ozzie ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:33 pm

im guessing that ozzie is trying to get rest for hermanson. he's been battling a bad back for a while. being a hermy owner myself, i feel your pain. hopefully ozzie wont be stupid anymore and at least use him for a third of an inning and get him the save. :-o
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:12 pm

Where is Hermanson you ask? Why he's on my waiver wire- I just jettisoned him there :-/
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:20 pm

Hermanson has been frustrating, I keep wanting to drop him since Im pretty safe on saves(But not totally secure) but I think once I do he'll come back and go on another torrid save streak so Ive been still holding onto him.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sultans of Squat » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:13 pm

From what I can tell, Guillen's trying to give him as much rest as possible and probably trying to limit the chances of aggravating his bad back. This is not the first time that Guillen's tried to push his setup guys to their limits before calling in Hermanson. The leader in my dynasty-like points league owns him (and also Marte at some points) while I owned Politte (until recently) whom I swapped for Jenks off WW, so I've been paying attention to their bullpen situation. I was watching Sportsline's Gamecenter during those final 2 frames yesterday and did notice Hermanson starting to warm up in the bullpen. Couldn't tell whether he was held out because his bad back stopped him or whether Guillen was just being extra cautious as has been the case for maybe a month now.

Me? I'm hoping they give the job to Jenks next year. :D Of course, if Jenks stays good next year, he'll probably inherit the job the year after when Hermanson's contract is up. In my dynasty-like points league, holds are worth just as much as saves and run prevention is important, so a top setup guy can be just as valuable as a middling closer. ;-D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Return to Baseball Leftovers