Katrina photo ops - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Katrina photo ops

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Katrina photo ops

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:13 pm

JTWood wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Seriously, what is a person who's home and entire city has been destroyed going to do with Kobe's autograph?

Add it to the collection of jerseys, shoes, and Rolexes that they stole last week?

Lol. :-b Nice one! ;-D

For those who are doing it because they care, I give a big thumbs up to. ;-D

For those who only want publicity :-t !

How to tell them apart? I dunno. :-S
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:58 pm

JTWood wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Seriously, what is a person who's home and entire city has been destroyed going to do with Kobe's autograph?

Add it to the collection of jerseys, shoes, and Rolexes that they stole last week?

ps - What is the proper way to pluralize Rolex?

Rolexen ;-)

For those that just don't get it...think about the plural of ox....and if you still don't get it...there's no hope for you.

I will say its curious that the two mentioned are Kobe and TO, but really, its just cherrypicking for guys that have a bad image.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 pm

bleach168 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I think that it is admirable that all of these celebrities want to help out the hurricane victims but it's getting out of hand.

First I see pics of Kobe down at the Alamodome signing autographs and shaking hands then during the football game last night they went into a big thing about how Terrell Owens flew down to the Alamodome to meet play with the kids and hand out food.

It seems like every athlete with media problems is using this as an excuse to rehab their images. A coupld of hours shaking hands and signing autographs is not going to cut it. This pisses me off more than anything. Seriously, what is a person who's home and entire city has been destroyed going to do with Kobe's autograph?

This pisses you off more than anything? I highly doubt that.

You are right. Ben Stein pisses me off more. There are only several hundred people in the cafe that will understand that one. :-C

Ben Stein sucks.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:06 pm

dannyolbb wrote:I can see where you're coming from, Mookie, but don't let this make you criticize those celebrities who have done things for the victims without seeking publicity.

Sean Penn rescued dozens of people in a little boat
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... b_eo/17336

Al Gore rescued over 270 victims because he could afford to help. http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/09/katrina.gore.ap/

There have been some truly inspiring stories to come out of New Orleans in the last few weeks. Don't sour on every celebrity.

Al Gore could afford it because he made all that money inventing the INTERNET! :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:34 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
bleach168 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I think that it is admirable that all of these celebrities want to help out the hurricane victims but it's getting out of hand.

First I see pics of Kobe down at the Alamodome signing autographs and shaking hands then during the football game last night they went into a big thing about how Terrell Owens flew down to the Alamodome to meet play with the kids and hand out food.

It seems like every athlete with media problems is using this as an excuse to rehab their images. A coupld of hours shaking hands and signing autographs is not going to cut it. This pisses me off more than anything. Seriously, what is a person who's home and entire city has been destroyed going to do with Kobe's autograph?

This pisses you off more than anything? I highly doubt that.

You are right. Ben Stein pisses me off more. There are only several hundred people in the cafe that will understand that one. :-C

Ben Stein sucks.

lmao
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Previous

Return to General Talk