All Time Greatest Sports Video Games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

All Time Greatest Sports Video Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:37 pm

RBI baseball
Tecmo Bowl
Mike Tysons Punch-Out
Blades of Steel
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:03 pm

1. Tie between Baseball Stars and Mike Tyson Punch Out
2. Don't know if this would be considered a sport game but "Duck Hunt", Using the gun was absolutely the coolest.
3. NBA Jam
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:04 pm

Red Stripe wrote:2. Don't know if this would be considered a sport game but "Duck Hunt", Using the gun was absolutely the coolest.

Duck Hunt was amazing. I still don't know how the Nintendo knew if I shot the bird or what.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:09 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:2. Don't know if this would be considered a sport game but "Duck Hunt", Using the gun was absolutely the coolest.

Duck Hunt was amazing. I still don't know how the Nintendo knew if I shot the bird or what.

Lasers?
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:31 pm

I was always a huge fan of FPS: Football by sierra

Only avl for PC
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Tecmo was my absolute favorite...I rented it from my local video store and never returned it...10 years later it showed up on my credit report and I had to pay a $70 late fee.

Punch Out is a Hall of Fame video game, don't know how that misses the list. How many of you out there remember how to beat all the boxers? Count me as 1.

A game I liked which might not get much love is Arch Rivals for Nintendo. It was basketball, and you could punch guys as they tried to dribble by you and other such mayhem...I loved that game when it was out.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby ironman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:17 pm

Tecmo Bowl didn't get to the finals because it was a Boston site and New England wasn't even on the original, so the chowds couldn't win it all with the Pats therefore didn't care about it as much as taking the Bruins to the Stanley Cup.

Tecmo Bowl is great but I prefer Tecmo Super Bowl. It had all the NFL teams, it saved your stats, it was far superior to any football game of that time.

Baseball Stars is equally great. A game that you could create and develop your own baseball team was downright revolutionary when it came out. And the game play was fun. I could bust out BS today and still have fun playing it.

I also have a soft spot for Ken Griffey Baseball on SNES. Sure its a bit cartoonish and the OF's can throw frozen ropes that never bounce from the warning track to home, but its still a great game to play with a bunch of friends.

Does Mario Kart count? I think racing games almost deserve their own class. Mario Kart, RC Pro AM, F-Zero, Super Off-Road.

Also one of the greatest and most underrated sports games of all time is Super Dodge Ball for NES. Fabulous game. My buddies and I would stay up all night in the dorms having dodge ball tournies.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:57 pm

Old timers :-b

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby prodpaul » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:36 am

Where's Earl Weaver Baseball??? That game rocked. I would not have gotten though college without it. ;-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:54 am

Forgot about Arch Rivals and RC Pro Am. Those were great too. ;-D Nice memory guys! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk