Mos Def slams Bono on record - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mos Def slams Bono on record

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:04 am

Between my favorite athlete Lance Armstrong, and my favorite band U2, you probably have something against Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, Ed Norton, and Steve Buscemi too right?

Coppermine = :-t
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:22 am

All that Mos Def is doing is using this tragedy to get publicity which makes him just as bad or worse than Bush or Bono. The same goes for Kanye West. They just say controversial things to get publicity. Palin and simple to see but week minded people will try to make them out as hero's and that is how they sell so many records.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:46 am

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Between my favorite athlete Lance Armstrong, and my favorite band U2, you probably have something against Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, Ed Norton, and Steve Buscemi too right?

Coppermine = :-t

Quick to judge my friend. I really liked U2 circa 1989. They just don't do it for me anymore, that's all. I have a tremendous amount of respect for them though for reinventing themselves as a band and making music for as long as they have.

Doesn't change how I feel about Lance, so what?

Morgan Freeman: As if Shawshank wasn't awesome enough, he really hit one out of the park with Million Dollar Baby. He's awesome, in every sense of the word. I could do without the repetitive crime thrillers he seems to do every year with Ashley Judd, but who can blame him?

Tim Robbins: Again, Shawshank dominance. Then came Mystic River (not to mention the GREATEST baseball movie of all time [in my opinion of course] Bull Durham). Tim Robbins along with his buddy Sean Penn have put their foots in their mouths speaking about politics they have no business sticking their noses in, but I'm liberal, and I think they're both great actors.

Ed Norton: Same thing as Robbins and Penn, but come on! Fight Club? Rounders? American History X? That Spike Lee Movie Where He Goes to Jail But I Forget the Title? This guy rules too.

Steve Buscemi: Has to be one of my favorite actors of all time. Reservoir Dogs clinched it for me (why do I have to be Mr. Pink?) but Fargo drove it home. Then he goes and does the Sopranos!? I love this guy!!!! It's the little roles he's done though that really impress me. Check out Living in Oblivion, a great indie sleeper.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby logan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:27 pm

tree's lounge is another great buscemi flick and the ed norton movie you are thinking of is the 25th hour (mmmm rosario dawson ;-D )
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Thanks Logan. I noticed Atrophying Nads won't respond to any posts I agree with him on, just the one's he'd like to flame me over.

That doesn't seem like very prudent Fantasy Baseball Cafe ettiquette.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk