what is your playoff rotation? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

what is your playoff rotation?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:51 am

free wrote:according to the post matty is getting the ball in game three :-o

way to back-hand soup, TLR ;-D

I haven't been listenting to KMOX much lately, but this morning they were railing on Tony for starting Morris.

I wonder what LaRussa does if we actually happen to go into game three down 0-2. Start Morris then???
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:32 am

having morris go in game three really bothers me. tony always talks about doing things to help boost matt's confidence but he needs to face facts--matt doesnt have any confidence right now, hasnt had any in a while, and is unlikely to magically get any in the near future. i hope i am wrong or at least the bats come through that game.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby free » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:27 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:having morris go in game three really bothers me. tony always talks about doing things to help boost matt's confidence but he needs to face facts--matt doesnt have any confidence right now, hasnt had any in a while, and is unlikely to magically get any in the near future. i hope i am wrong or at least the bats come through that game.

i'm at school in FL so i don't get to see or hear as much as i would up there, but has anyone asked how this might affect soup's confidence :-?
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:43 pm

free wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:having morris go in game three really bothers me. tony always talks about doing things to help boost matt's confidence but he needs to face facts--matt doesnt have any confidence right now, hasnt had any in a while, and is unlikely to magically get any in the near future. i hope i am wrong or at least the bats come through that game.

i'm at school in FL so i don't get to see or hear as much as i would up there, but has anyone asked how this might affect soup's confidence :-?

I wouldn't think this does much to him at all. He's been considered 4th in the rotation that he's been in all year. Nothing new. I'm sure LaRussa's telling him that the 4th game of a series is always the most important, which is why they want him pitching it.

At least, that's what I'd be telling Suppan if I were crazy enough to delcare Matt as the #3 starter.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby free » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
free wrote:

I wouldn't think this does much to him at all. He's been considered 4th in the rotation that he's been in all year. Nothing new. I'm sure LaRussa's telling him that the 4th game of a series is always the most important, which is why they want him pitching it.

At least, that's what I'd be telling Suppan if I were crazy enough to delcare Matt as the #3 starter.

well that's what i would have thought, but on sportsline marquis is listed as the game four started :-?
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:54 pm

free wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
free wrote:

well that's what i would have thought, but on sportsline marquis is listed as the game four started :-?

Well, if that's true, LaRussa is setting himself up for some big-time 2nd guessing in the media and by myself, the latter of which I'm sure he is more concerned about.

;-7
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:02 pm

There's a poll on the Cards' website right now asking who to leave out of the rotation. Here are the results so far:

Marquis: 18,540 votes (45%)
Morris: 17,244 votes (41%)
Suppan: 5,817 votes (14%)

I would have thought Marquis would have been leading this vote by more.

:-?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby free » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:37 pm

StlSluggers wrote:There's a poll on the Cards' website right now asking who to leave out of the rotation. Here are the results so far:

why would you say that? ever since he's come out of that huge slump he's at least been decent if he sticks with his pitch which is still more than we could say for morris. oh well hopefully we dont even have to worry about that ;-D
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:21 pm

free wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:There's a poll on the Cards' website right now asking who to leave out of the rotation. Here are the results so far:

why would you say that? ever since he's come out of that huge slump he's at least been decent if he sticks with his pitch which is still more than we could say for morris. oh well hopefully we dont even have to worry about that ;-D

That's what I was thinking as well. I haven't been able to catch many games since the beginning of September, but when I did it seemed that Marquis was at least more consistent than Morris. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to St. Louis Cardinals