ensburg?...........is he playin this week can anyone confirm - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ensburg?...........is he playin this week can anyone confirm

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ensburg?...........is he playin this week can anyone confirm

Postby coronaman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:40 pm

looking for some info out there cbssportsline says he is in doubt for tonight my playoffs start today.....anything would be great thanks...........
and i quote jack black "LET'S GET ROCKIN"
coronaman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ebrage » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:08 pm

I'm in the same position you are, have not heard a thing, other than what you have, I took him out of my lineup which sucks cause he has 7 home games this week. :-o :~(
ebrage
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:10 pm

No info to add - and I doubt anything new will be released prior to roster decision time.

Last I heard, his hand had improved. Unless it is broken (which may still be the case), I have to think he'll be back soon. They are in a battle for the WC with the Marlins - and they open a 4 game series with them tonight. If he is any type of gamer, my thoughts are that he has to try and play in this series with the WC potentially on the line. If he can't play at all this series or this week, then I won't be shocked if they take another x-ray and find that he truly does have a broken hand.

Anyway, in short, it depends on what your other option is. If substantially worse, I'd gamble and play him. A week for a bruised hand seems like more than enough time to heal. If your other option is comparable, go with option B as he's still a risky play. Sorry that isn't more helpful.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby rlee » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:26 pm

As of last night, he still couldn't swing a bat. They have absolutely no idea how much longer he'll be out. It wouldn't shock me at all if he misses the rest of the season. :~( I have him in two leagues :-{
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby benjapage » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:46 pm

ensberg
taveras
peavy
santana

all ganging up on me in the playoffs to ROB me of a title shot. if i don't get some good ensberg news tomorrow, i'll have to drop him. it's panic time.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rlee » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:45 pm

benjapage wrote:ensberg
taveras
peavy
santana

all ganging up on me in the playoffs to ROB me of a title shot. if i don't get some good ensberg news tomorrow, i'll have to drop him. it's panic time.

b

I've put him on the bench in my 2 leagues in the hope that he'll be back and contribute before the season is over. The best replacements I could find available were Nomar in one league and Uribe (who has been pretty hot) in the other. Just hope to ride out the storm.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers