It's time- let's hear your World Series predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's time- let's hear your World Series predictions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:58 am

I'd take the A's in the AL if Harden is healthy and the M's or Cards in the NL. Either way, I think that the NL team will win.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:25 am

I think the Tribe from the AL, they're just so ridiculously hot the last little while. I'd give the Yanks a better shot at the division than the wildcard here, as they at least get to play the Sox again, but I think that, if the last Fenway series matters, it will really take it out of whoever progresses. I think the NL..... well, to be honest I like whoever gets the Wild Card here too.

Out of interest, does the team with the best record always play the WC so long as it's not from their division? Or is it the worst record? Because the WC team will have a better record than the Pads. :-?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby JTWood » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:37 am

davus wrote:... and then sweep the Cards. ;-D

Oh, right. Like that would ever happen.

;-7 :-b

I'd be worried about the Cards chances of making it if they had to play the Marlins or Astros in a 5-game set, but the Cards will get the winner of the West, so that's practically a bye to the League Championship round. That said, I think it will be the Cards and Marlins playing to go to the Series, and it will be a good fight. I don't think Houston has the offense to make it past the Divisional playoffs, and the Braves pen is their Achilles heel. I don't think anyone in the NL can take the Cards in a 7-game set, so I'm confident that they can make the Series.

I don't know about the AL yet. I need to look over the teams again. I always like Oakland to do well, but that's more of a "root for the underdog" thing than it is logic.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:39 am

brandnew wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Plus the Cards probably have the better pitching staff.

Eeek. Smoltz, Huddy, Sosa > Carpenter, Mulder, Marquis

Tavarez/King/Izzy >>>>>> Whatever Braves throw together

EDIT: And right now, no one's even sure Marquis will make the post season squad.
Last edited by JTWood on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:47 am

Nobody picking the Padres to win it all? :-B

I will say the Marlins. Seems like if they finish above .500 they win it all.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:07 am

JTWood wrote:I'd be worried about the Cards chances of making it if they had to play the Marlins or Astros in a 5-game set, but the Cards will get the winner of the West, so that's practically a bye to the League Championship round. That said, I think it will be the Cards and Marlins playing to go to the Series, and it will be a good fight. I don't think Houston has the offense to make it past the Divisional playoffs, and the Braves pen is their Achilles heel. I don't think anyone in the NL can take the Cards in a 7-game set, so I'm confident that they can make the Series.
The Cards will only play the winner of the West IF Houston wins the WC. Otherwise they will matchup against the WC.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby JTWood » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:17 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:I'd be worried about the Cards chances of making it if they had to play the Marlins or Astros in a 5-game set, but the Cards will get the winner of the West, so that's practically a bye to the League Championship round. That said, I think it will be the Cards and Marlins playing to go to the Series, and it will be a good fight. I don't think Houston has the offense to make it past the Divisional playoffs, and the Braves pen is their Achilles heel. I don't think anyone in the NL can take the Cards in a 7-game set, so I'm confident that they can make the Series.
The Cards will only play the winner of the West IF Houston wins the WC. Otherwise they will matchup against the WC.

Well, yeah. I was assuming that Houston would win the Wild Card.

I hope Philly doesn't win it. For some reason, they've played well against us this year.

:-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby brandnew » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:15 am

JTWood wrote:
brandnew wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:Plus the Cards probably have the better pitching staff.

Eeek. Smoltz, Huddy, Sosa > Carpenter, Mulder, Marquis

Tavarez/King/Izzy >>>>>> Whatever Braves throw together

EDIT: And right now, no one's even sure Marquis will make the post season squad.

Reitsma/Boyer/Farnsworth is pretty solid.

The Cards will have to play the WC if it's the Marlins or Phils I believe.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:23 am

brandnew wrote:Reitsma/Boyer/Farnsworth is pretty solid.
I think you forget this: :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby eftda » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 am

Still say Giants in the WS ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers