Bit Torrent Azurues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bit Torrent Azurues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:47 pm

The slowness has nothing to do with your connection, but the availability of torrents it has to pull from.

Once it gets going, it'll download pretty quick. Sometimes it's better to try downloading a few of the same thing at a time.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:53 am

RynMan wrote:I have a ADSL connection and used Azureus to try and download a 1.5 GB file.....so far it has taken 3 days. 8-o Why so slow? :~(


there are not many people interested in midget porn RynMan. :-o
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby bigken117 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Not to hijack, but is using torrents worth it? I always thought about trying it, but was unsure about the whole process. Please reassure me. ;-7
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Postby Coppermine » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:26 pm

bigken117 wrote:Not to hijack, but is using torrents worth it? I always thought about trying it, but was unsure about the whole process. Please reassure me. ;-7


I'm not sure if you can be reassured. It's worth it if you have the patience to wait extended periods for a file to even begin downloading. Of course some things, particularly the more popular ones, tend to download much quicker than more obscure items.

For instance, if you're into rap or pop music, you're probably not going to have a hard time finding the songs you want. If you're into indie rock, like me, it will be a little harder.

Same with movies. Certain movies are very popular on bit torrent, including ones that aren't traditionally popular but are obscure cult hits with techies (for example, you probably wouldn't have any trouble downloading Cube 2. Heard of it? Not many people have, but the people who use bit torrent have).

It's all on your preferences and patience.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Coppermine wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Not to hijack, but is using torrents worth it? I always thought about trying it, but was unsure about the whole process. Please reassure me. ;-7


I'm not sure if you can be reassured. It's worth it if you have the patience to wait extended periods for a file to even begin downloading. Of course some things, particularly the more popular ones, tend to download much quicker than more obscure items.

For instance, if you're into rap or pop music, you're probably not going to have a hard time finding the songs you want. If you're into indie rock, like me, it will be a little harder.

Same with movies. Certain movies are very popular on bit torrent, including ones that aren't traditionally popular but are obscure cult hits with techies (for example, you probably wouldn't have any trouble downloading Cube 2. Heard of it? Not many people have, but the people who use bit torrent have).

It's all on your preferences and patience.
Run it overnight thats what I do. More people I think seed over night
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby blankman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:07 pm

Just run them 24/7.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:09 pm

blankman wrote:Just run them 24/7.
Azureus uses to much ram for me. Plus since installing the new java for Azeureus Media Player crashes if I use it after using Java
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby blankman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:14 pm

I run Bitcomet all the time and have little to no problems with it. I never turn it off.

At school, my connection is a little restricted so I can only run 1 torrent at a time while still being able to browse the internet. That's not a big deal though.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:15 pm

blankman wrote:I run Bitcomet all the time and have little to no problems with it. I never turn it off.

At school, my connection is a little restricted so I can only run 1 torrent at a time while still being able to browse the internet. That's not a big deal though.


The java platform that Azureus runs on takes up 40 megs of ram...Way to much for me. Actually I can still run games high quality and run azureus but I prefer not.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby blankman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
blankman wrote:I run Bitcomet all the time and have little to no problems with it. I never turn it off.

At school, my connection is a little restricted so I can only run 1 torrent at a time while still being able to browse the internet. That's not a big deal though.


The java platform that Azureus runs on takes up 40 megs of ram...Way to much for me. Actually I can still run games high quality and run azureus but I prefer not.


Give bitcomet a try then. Its free. Can't hurt.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact