ESPN Fantasy Football Blows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ESPN Fantasy Football Blows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:27 am

I like fantasy football. Not as much as baseball. I like the whole daily checking of the roster thing. Don't really do that with football.

Also I hate losing like 135 - 110 Even though I have the second best score weekly in my league
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:50 pm

Is ESPN down ?? The whole website won't come up
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:53 pm

Is there such thing as roto fantasy football or is it all head to head? :-?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:02 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Is there such thing as roto fantasy football or is it all head to head? :-?

Never heard of roto football.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:05 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Is there such thing as roto fantasy football or is it all head to head? :-?

Never heard of it either, the closest thing to it is probably Points leagues where it isn't H2H and all the stats are accumulated throughout the whole season but I don't think there is roto. I don't know why though, I would think it would be pretty easy to setup.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:27 pm

Yahoo is the best ;-D I am doing a AOL league with members from the football cafe and I must say that AOL is horrible!! Its tough to even find your damn team.

AS for Fantasy Football in General, it certaintly does not suck. Yeah its shorter than BAseball, but nothing can compare to a sunday..
I enjoy both Football and Baseball ;-D
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:22 pm

WharfRat wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
WharfRat wrote:I'm pretty sure fantasy football blows whether you use ESPN, Yahoo, Sportsline, or any other service for that matter. :-D

Heh heh. I'm exclusively baseball too. It's depressing to peek in over there at the football side. That place is going nuts with the season just starting. Kinda makes me sad to notice how this site is slowing down for the end of the season...

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm a NY Giants fan too, and I poke around over there occasionally, but it's just not the same. An inferior game. :-/

Rogers Hornsby wrote:People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

Nah, its not inferior. Football is rarely boring. Baseball can get boring all the time. Heck, I can barely watch or listen to the Cubs anymore this season because its too depressing.

In fantasy terms, I get bored really easily with football. I tried it for a couple years, and after playing baseball it just seems like a joke that there are only 16 games, compared to the volume of games in baseball. Baseball keeps me a lot more engaged.

As far as boring football - blowouts are plenty boring. So are defensive struggles where both offenses are equally inept, and both of these types of game happen often enough. In baseball, on the other hand, pitcher's duels are a thing of beauty. ;-D I just like all the strategy and nuance that goes into baseball, it seems a lot more intricate than football. Plus there's the whole numbers thing (otherwise, there'd be a SAFR). But to each his own. :-b

You don't seriously think there is more strategy in baseball, do you? Football has many more players on the field at a time, with playbooks the size of phone books, and much more in depth scouting and just in general, more strategy, because the game demands it. Blowouts generally aren't boring because theres a lot of points being scored. But to each his own, I guess. Plus a lot of the games in baseball are utterly meaningless. I mean, in a roto league, about half the league is finished by the all star break.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:10 pm

Should've gone with Yahoo! Now you know :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:31 am

I've had numerous teams in Yahoo, played a season in cbssportsline, and am in my 2nd year in an espn league. Of the three Yahoo is easily on top. It's far too limited in league setup and options, but navigating is a breeze compared to the other two. I also think Yahoo did a nice job of trying to evolve with their new features this year even in the free leagues.

ESPN and cbssportsline are cluttered as hell and just a bear to get around in.

Where is a good pay football site?!
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

Previous

Return to General Talk