ESPN Fantasy Football Blows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ESPN Fantasy Football Blows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:21 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
WharfRat wrote:I'm pretty sure fantasy football blows whether you use ESPN, Yahoo, Sportsline, or any other service for that matter. :-D

Heh heh. I'm exclusively baseball too. It's depressing to peek in over there at the football side. That place is going nuts with the season just starting. Kinda makes me sad to notice how this site is slowing down for the end of the season...

I agree somewhat, I like football and fantasy football and all but its just not the same. Ill go over the to Football side on Sundays and talk a little or put in my game picks or ask for roster advice during the week but other than that Im all baseball. Ill be spending more of my time here anyway even during the offseason.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:24 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
WharfRat wrote:I'm pretty sure fantasy football blows whether you use ESPN, Yahoo, Sportsline, or any other service for that matter. :-D

Heh heh. I'm exclusively baseball too. It's depressing to peek in over there at the football side. That place is going nuts with the season just starting. Kinda makes me sad to notice how this site is slowing down for the end of the season...

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm a NY Giants fan too, and I poke around over there occasionally, but it's just not the same. An inferior game. :-/

Rogers Hornsby wrote:People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:26 pm

Rogers Hornsby wrote:People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

What a cool guy ;-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:49 pm

yahoo might be the worst site for football w/r/t setting up a worthwhile league. AOL is very intricate and everything is free, but the interface is unwieldy.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Madison wrote:Stuart Scott is sitting back laughing at you, and saying "BOOYAAAA"

:-b

:-b :-b
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:04 pm

AOL is just as bad! Funny how they are trying hard to fit in but they should leave the league stuff to the pros. aka: Yahoo, RTsports, etc..
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:00 pm

WharfRat wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm a NY Giants fan too, and I poke around over there occasionally, but it's just not the same. An inferior game. :-/

Nah, its not inferior. Football is rarely boring. Baseball can get boring all the time. Heck, I can barely watch or listen to the Cubs anymore this season because its too depressing.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:09 pm

Ha, I paid 50 dollars for 3 leagues last year and that is the last time I will ever do that.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby WharfRat » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:45 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:

Nah, its not inferior. Football is rarely boring. Baseball can get boring all the time. Heck, I can barely watch or listen to the Cubs anymore this season because its too depressing.

In fantasy terms, I get bored really easily with football. I tried it for a couple years, and after playing baseball it just seems like a joke that there are only 16 games, compared to the volume of games in baseball. Baseball keeps me a lot more engaged.

As far as boring football - blowouts are plenty boring. So are defensive struggles where both offenses are equally inept, and both of these types of game happen often enough. In baseball, on the other hand, pitcher's duels are a thing of beauty. ;-D I just like all the strategy and nuance that goes into baseball, it seems a lot more intricate than football. Plus there's the whole numbers thing (otherwise, there'd be a SAFR). But to each his own. :-b
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:05 am

acsguitar wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:They're probably like Yahoo. Their servers get FLOODED Monday morning from everyone checking their teams.

I never have Yahoo problems though...ESPN stinks

Like right now, I can't get into my fantasy football teams. 9:04 AM central time Tuesday morning. Happened to me all last year.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk