On the topic of PC Games.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

On the topic of PC Games....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:25 pm

RugbyD wrote:Morrowind (aka Elder Scrolls 3) is pretty cool. It's an RPG with tons of different paths, quests, options etc. It has a strong following, which makes that fact that you can do your own modifications really cool. I am in no way able to create my own stuff, but the hardcore fans create new quests, buildings, armor, weapons, characters, etc. They are all downloadable and incredibly easy to implement. It won all sorts of gaming awards, the 4th installment is due out soon as well.

To update, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion won 'Best RPG of 2005' from 8 different publications. It is due out for PC and PS3 and Xbox 360. It's solo play only, no online goon games.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

review
http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=4620

some screenshots:

Xbox 360:

PC shots:
Last edited by RugbyD on Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:40 pm

You also might want to mention for Morrowind that it's not a casual gamer's game. You have to put alot of hours in for the game to really become an enjoyable experience. I got it, and enjoyed it, but it just took so long for my guy to actually get good. Incredible graphics though.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RugbyD » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:45 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:You also might want to mention for Morrowind that it's not a casual gamer's game. You have to put alot of hours in for the game to really become an enjoyable experience. I got it, and enjoyed it, but it just took so long for my guy to actually get good. Incredible graphics though.

heh, yeah its definitely not a linear game that you can knock out in a few days.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bleach168 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:04 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:You also might want to mention for Morrowind that it's not a casual gamer's game. You have to put alot of hours in for the game to really become an enjoyable experience. I got it, and enjoyed it, but it just took so long for my guy to actually get good. Incredible graphics though.

heh, yeah its definitely not a linear game that you can knock out in a few days.

I very much enjoyed Morrowind but couldn't finish it because as a single player game it felt so lonely.

Before making the jump from FPS to Morrowind, take the time to read this Morrowind player's journal. It's very well written from a noob's perspective. Read the first few chapters to see if this type of game is something you want to try. It took this girl 2 years to beat the game. I'm sure if you're gaming savvy you could do it much sooner but it just illustrates the scope of the game.

http://users.adelphia.net/~amito/MW.htm
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:44 pm

Looks like a cool game. They need to set the AA a little higher in the PC screen shots.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RugbyD » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Oblivion came out this week and i just got it today. Really cool and i've only just got out of the intro. Graphics are impressive and i'm only running it at low-detail settings cuz all I have is an ATI Radeon X300. One of the cooler details is that the physics are all true-to-life. Walking over loose objects moves them, shooting arrows into a hanging bucket makes it tip b/c of the off-center weight, etc. At the rate I go i'll be spending a couple years knocking this one out.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bleach168 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:53 am

Been playing Oblivion a bit. I've cheesed my way to lvl 11 having only completed 5 quests. So far it's fun but the gameplay isn't really much better than Morrowind.

The game is truly beautiful though. I'm playing with the settings almost maxed. I'll post some screens.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bleach168 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:06 am

Hopefully this works,

bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bleach168 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:08 am

All the resizing and inability to capture screens with AA lower the quality a bit, but you can see, it's still nice. One thing the screenshot doesn't show is the grass and tree leaves swaying in the wind.

bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bleach168 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:16 am

Of course, Oblivion isn't just eye candy. Here is an opportunity to steal the beggar's food while he is sleeping. Just gotta make sure no guards are around. Supposedly, if I take his food he will go hungry and he may do some pretty desperate things to eat. Might be fun to watch.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the any quest. In Oblivion, you can do whatever you please and the AI tries to react realistically.

bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk