Postby Jivedude » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:01 am

Americas Army: it's free.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:29 am

While Starcraft is a good game, it is a bit outdated. I would recommend Warcraft III if you are into RTS games.

Counterstrike is an excellent game. Yes the online people can be irritating or downright rude, but that is true for any game you play online. I wouldn't play an online game unless you have really thick skin.

Personally, I prefer online RPGs and strategy games. Currently playing Guild Wars.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:48 am

Heh, even if Starcraft is outdated, it still gets more players online than Warcraft III, though I play both :-b I think Ryn said he already had WCIII in the other thread.
As for rude people online, welcome to online gaming! This is a fact of the world that people on the internet get stupider and ruder. Just make good use of mute or ignore functions! ;-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:05 am

Jivedude wrote:Americas Army: it's free.

And a really fun Mulitplayer game! Highly Recommended!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:09 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:CounterStrike. If you like the more tactical shooters like Battlefield or Battlefront, you'll like CounterStrike.

I have to agree with this. I play this game for at least 2 hours a day after work. You just need to find a good server with mature players.

Day of Defeat, another HL2 mod based on WW2 is coming out September 26. This game is going to own.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:49 am

Yoda wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:CounterStrike. If you like the more tactical shooters like Battlefield or Battlefront, you'll like CounterStrike.

I have to agree with this. I play this game for at least 2 hours a day after work. You just need to find a good server with mature players.

Day of Defeat, another HL2 mod based on WW2 is coming out September 26. This game is going to own.

Counterstirke is ok. Its just so fast. I wish the games lasted more then 2 minutes
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Counterstirke is ok. Its just so fast. I wish the games lasted more then 2 minutes

I used to play Counterstrike a lot but someone told me that the cheats are running rampant now. Is that true? Somehow, I get the feeling that a lot of those FPS games are only good for a few months before everyone starts cheating.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:

The learning curve is very steep. It takes a long time to learn how to aim and shoot.

The fact taht each round is so short makes sense since you don't respawn until the round is over. It's a great game if you find a server that doesn't have a bunch of angry teenies.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Well when you get killed you don't come back until the end of the round, and it isn't a lot of fun waiting for 20 minutes so you can play another round. Especially since the gunplay is fairly realistic and you die in a couple shots from most guns (or one from the ARTIC WARFARE POLICE, BABY.) You are going to want a server thats mandating some sort of anti cheat program, which is usually VAC (valve anti-cheat)
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk